Signal Mountain 2015

MountainTroll

It appears we got a momma problem similar to what Coach Moore at South Pitt dealt with the past couple of years. Seems some of these mommas think the coach is working their little boys too hard. :rolleyes: SMH. Maybe Roy Dillard can give Coach Wise some advice on how to deal with these helicopter parents.

A good bit of the cancer has been cut out now, but there is still a lot of toxin circulating at the school. It just blows my mind that some of these women think they can run their yap and try to throw their weight around just because the coach is new. And where are the daddies? You'd think they could keep a muzzle and short leash on their women. It seems it's always the same ones causing problems, though; whether in the PTSA, IB program, or the athletic programs. We don't need that kind of negativity at the school, and in the long run, we'll be better off without these toxic personalities hanging around, stirring the pot.

Mostly, I feel sorry for the players, after all the hard work they put in over the summer, to have their parents go psycho and throw it all away right when the fun part is about to start. When I was in high school, I would have been embarrassed if my parents interjected themselves in my affairs the way some have. Sure the guys are gonna whine about how hard practice was or how sore they are; but when they put on the Eagle uniform and run out on the field on Friday night, they are able to take pride in what they have accomplished. And if they are victorious against their opponent, they understand the value of the grind, the hard work, and the dedication to the team. People need to let their kids struggle with adversity, grow, and mature into young adults. Otherwise, they will look back on these years and despise your interference.

To echo ole Smeagle, congratulations to those who have stuck it out and embraced The Grind. I'm proud of each and every one of you. You are Eagles! You are winners!

And finally, I want to say that I hope the administration stands behind Coach Wise. When he was hired, we all told him that we wanted a coach that would work the boys hard, build their character, instill in them a strong work ethic, and try to continue our winning tradition. That is exactly what he has tried to do, and I have the utmost respect for him as a man and confidence in his abilities as a coach.

This is just a minor bump in the road. It's time for the team to rally and go kick some arse.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Troll. The over involved patents seem to always be the root of the issue. I'm proud of the boys that have stuck with it. Signal Mountain is a hard place to coach with so many involved parents, but Coach Wise will figure it out eventually. Nothing wrong with being tough on the boys, but he also has to make it fun for them as well. Less than 2% of kids that play high school will ever play college football. It's about balance. You can't teach kids life lessons when they are not out there. I hate to see the younger boys quit.

It appears we got a momma problem similar to what Coach Moore at South Pitt dealt with the past couple of years. Seems some of these mommas think the coach is working their little boys too hard. :rolleyes: SMH. Maybe Roy Dillard can give Coach Wise some advice on how to deal with these helicopter parents.

A good bit of the cancer has been cut out now, but there is still a lot of toxin circulating at the school. It just blows my mind that some of these women think they can run their yap and try to throw their weight around just because the coach is new. And where are the daddies? You'd think they could keep a muzzle and short leash on their women. It seems it's always the same ones causing problems, though; whether in the PTSA, IB program, or the athletic programs. We don't need that kind of negativity at the school, and in the long run, we'll be better off without these toxic personalities hanging around, stirring the pot.

Mostly, I feel sorry for the players, after all the hard work they put in over the summer, to have their parents go psycho and throw it all away right when the fun part is about to start. When I was in high school, I would have been embarrassed if my parents interjected themselves in my affairs the way some have. Sure the guys are gonna whine about how hard practice was or how sore they are; but when they put on the Eagle uniform and run out on the field on Friday night, they are able to take pride in what they have accomplished. And if they are victorious against their opponent, they understand the value of the grind, the hard work, and the dedication to the team. People need to let their kids struggle with adversity, grow, and mature into young adults. Otherwise, they will look back on these years and despise your interference.

To echo ole Smeagle, congratulations to those who have stuck it out and embraced The Grind. I'm proud of each and every one of you. You are Eagles! You are winners!

And finally, I want to say that I hope the administration stands behind Coach Wise. When he was hired, we all told him that we wanted a coach that would work the boys hard, build their character, instill in them a strong work ethic, and try to continue our winning tradition. That is exactly what he has tried to do, and I have the utmost respect for him as a man and confidence in his abilities as a coach.

This is just a minor bump in the road. It's time for the team to rally and go kick some arse.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

hate to hear about those momma problems. Coach Wise sounds like a good hire, but I guarantee it won't take much for him to pack and move back to Florida. Only 33 kids will be tough come playoff time. Good luck

hate to hear about those momma problems. Coach Wise sounds like a good hire, but I guarantee it won't take much for him to pack and move back to Florida. Only 33 kids will be tough come playoff time. Good luck

I don't know. I think he and his family like living on Signal. He, like myself, is just taken aback by the way some people behave up here. Some of it is just a reflection of the changing culture in America, but Sissy Mountain is certainly an unusual place to live. I believe most of the parents up here are very reasonable and like what he is doing with the program.

We've still got some playmakers on the team, and I think the intensity of the summer program will pay off. This type of adversity can sometimes help the guys gel together as a team. I would take these 33 over the 60-70 that some schools might dress on a Friday night; but you are correct, ironman football is difficult in all but the smaller classifications. We've got to get this injury bug behind us, and starting the season with East Hamilton and Ooltewah is certainly a challenge.

Realistically, there are very few 3A programs that can compete with the Alcoas, CPA's, and CAK's of the world; and locally, the leprechauns will be tough again. But we will do well in our region and go one or two rounds into the playoffs. Signal still has the resources to grow into a powerhouse program, but it will take time. Hopefully, everyone can step back, take a deep breath, and realize that these are just minor bumps in the road. That's hard for some people to do in this self-centered world of the easily offended, who demand instant gratification.

I'll just keep cutting the grass and see how it goes. redthumb.gif

I don't know. I think he and his family like living on Signal. He, like myself, is just taken aback by the way some people behave up here. Some of it is just a reflection of the changing culture in America, but Sissy Mountain is certainly an unusual place to live. I believe most of the parents up here are very reasonable and like what he is doing with the program.

We've still got some playmakers on the team, and I think the intensity of the summer program will pay off. This type of adversity can sometimes help the guys gel together as a team. I would take these 33 over the 60-70 that some schools might dress on a Friday night; but you are correct, ironman football is difficult in all but the smaller classifications. We've got to get this injury bug behind us, and starting the season with East Hamilton and Ooltewah is certainly a challenge.

Realistically, there are very few 3A programs that can compete with the Alcoas, CPA's, and CAK's of the world; and locally, the leprechauns will be tough again. But we will do well in our region and go one or two rounds into the playoffs. Signal still has the resources to grow into a powerhouse program, but it will take time. Hopefully, everyone can step back, take a deep breath, and realize that these are just minor bumps in the road. That's hard for some people to do in this self-centered world of the easily offended, who demand instant gratification.

I'll just keep cutting the grass and see how it goes. redthumb.gif

Troll, did you read that redneck article today? LMBO

It appears we got a momma problem similar to what Coach Moore at South Pitt dealt with the past couple of years. Seems some of these mommas think the coach is working their little boys too hard. :rolleyes: SMH. Maybe Roy Dillard can give Coach Wise some advice on how to deal with these helicopter parents.

A good bit of the cancer has been cut out now, but there is still a lot of toxin circulating at the school. It just blows my mind that some of these women think they can run their yap and try to throw their weight around just because the coach is new. And where are the daddies? You'd think they could keep a muzzle and short leash on their women. It seems it's always the same ones causing problems, though; whether in the PTSA, IB program, or the athletic programs. We don't need that kind of negativity at the school, and in the long run, we'll be better off without these toxic personalities hanging around, stirring the pot.

Mostly, I feel sorry for the players, after all the hard work they put in over the summer, to have their parents go psycho and throw it all away right when the fun part is about to start. When I was in high school, I would have been embarrassed if my parents interjected themselves in my affairs the way some have. People need to let their kids struggle with adversity, grow, and mature into young adults.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

Dad burnit, Old Pirate says them skillet slingers need to be kept chained to the porch. You mtn fellers should have been paying attention to problems at "The Speedway" with the skillet slingers & SAKIA aka "Self Appointed Know It Alls" that can destroy a team and athletic program. OP is going to contact cousin Lester about this mess!