Signal Mountain 2015

MountainTroll

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Boeck and Loyal? What are they doing now? I was told that both were asked to look around. Any truth to this or no?

I have a lot of respect for both men, and I had hoped that they would both stay at Signal. I thought the trio of Wise, Boeck, and Loyal would be a great combination. If you have assistants, with head coaching experience, and the program brings in a new head coach from outside, there is always the possibility of compatibility, personality, and coaching philosophy issues.

From what I understand, Boeck just wasn't comfortable with the situation and could not get fully on board with the new coach. That is perfectly understandable. Like I said, I have a lot of respect for Troy and I like him personally. I'm sure he will do well and will be a benefit to any program he coaches. I wish him well at Soddy.

Coach Loyal and Coach Wise seem to get along well; and as far as I know, he is not looking to move.

As an update, Signal has hired Derek Marshman as a new assistant coach and DC. He was with Coach Wise in Florida, and we are excited to welcome him to Signal Mountain.

I was impressed with what I saw in the spring and the plans for the summer. There is no doubt that Coach Wise's training, knowledge, and experience in the areas of sports physiology, nutrition, and conditioning are going to benefit all of the athletes at the school. I like his well rounded approach to speed, agility, strength, and conditioning. Having him on staff is like having your own private D1 program.

I have a lot of respect for both men, and I had hoped that they would both stay at Signal. I thought the trio of Wise, Boeck, and Loyal would be a great combination. If you have assistants, with head coaching experience, and the program brings in a new head coach from outside, there is always the possibility of compatibility, personality, and coaching philosophy issues.

From what I understand, Boeck just wasn't comfortable with the situation and could not get fully on board with the new coach. That is perfectly understandable. Like I said, I have a lot of respect for Troy and I like him personally. I'm sure he will do well and will be a benefit to any program he coaches. I wish him well at Soddy.

Coach Loyal and Coach Wise seem to get along well; and as far as I know, he is not looking to move.

As an update, Signal has hired Derek Marshman as a new assistant coach and DC. He was with Coach Wise in Florida, and we are excited to welcome him to Signal Mountain.

I was impressed with what I saw in the spring and the plans for the summer. There is no doubt that Coach Wise's training, knowledge, and experience in the areas of sports physiology, nutrition, and conditioning are going to benefit all of the athletes at the school. I like his well rounded approach to speed, agility, strength, and conditioning. Having him on staff is like having your own private D1 program.

You have a good coach...program will be stronger overall..As far as Boeck, hope him the best...Soddy is a tough place to win at

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looked like a danged D1 training camp up here on the mountain, leading into the dead period. Coach Wise knows his stuff when it comes to speed, agility, conditioning, and weight training. Recon everbody will find out soon enough if he can coach a football team, but I personally have no doubt.

Looks like we'll have around 45 on the squad this year, but there ain't no dead weight or loafers. These guys want it bad and have put in some serious work. It's good to see them getting a break, and I'm sure they'll be ready to get back at it in a couple of weeks. If these guys gel and play as a team, they can have a memorable season.

The QB competition will be interesting during 7 on 7's, but I'm not sure when DeHart is cleared to start practice.

This will be an interesting year, but I am cautiously optimistic. Starting the season against East Hamilton and then Ootewah, will tell us a lot, and I like our chances in the new region.

Glad we're finally getting some good Bermuda growing weather. The field looks better than it has ever looked this early in the season.

Edited by MountainTroll