Signal Mountain 2015

MountainTroll

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was shocked at the lack of numbers and athletes I witnessed at the 7 on 7 last night. I know the Eagles will rely on the run, but they usually have 5 or 6 studs and a full squad. Troll, did I catch them on a bad night?

They can't bus kids up there anymore. Mostly community kids making up the team now. They face a tough schedule, but will still win some games.

I was shocked at the lack of numbers and athletes I witnessed at the 7 on 7 last night. I know the Eagles will rely on the run, but they usually have 5 or 6 studs and a full squad. Troll, did I catch them on a bad night?

Amy is correct. When the HCDE stopped providing transportation for the NCLB program, most of the kids from Howard, who wanted to come to Signal, just couldn't afford the transportation and CARTA does not run a route up Signal. That being said, we never had more than 2-3 of those kids that started. We still have a couple of kids that come up the Mountain, but I suspect most of them will find their way to Notre Dame, CCS, or Ridgeland.

One of our biggest problem always has been, and still is, trying to keep the athletes who live on Signal. Across all sports, when you look at the elementary, recreation teams on Signal, there are a number of good athletes. However, many of them wind up at Baylor, McCallie, GPS, Notre Dame, CCS, or Boyd for middle and high school.

Having a new coach is usually going to make people shy away for a while, but I like what I have seen of Coach Wise, and I think we will be fine in the long run.  7 on 7 has never been our forte, and Ooltewah's skill players would make most teams in the area look bad. We do have a few capable receivers and four guys trying to win the QB spot. Time will tell if we have enough of a passing game to keep opposing defenses honest.

The squad will probably be 35-40, with half of those "big uglies". I like the way our OL and DL are shaping up and we have several good RB's, so I suspect we will probably still be primarily a running team. Coach Wise's summer program is the most intense that I have seen at the high school level, and some guys just weren't will to make the commitment. The squad will be small in numbers, but the guys have really bought in to the program and are playing well as a team.

We will struggle with teams like Ooltewah, Cleveland, and maybe East Hamilton. There are some unknowns in our region with ND, CCS, and Red Bank; but, I think we will hold our own in the region. Still a long way to go in this season. It will be interesting to see how things pan out, but we might just shock a few people.

Troll; Booger gonna get to see your new command element yall flew in from Florida, along with your eaglets this afternoon in Ringgold......was told your new coach got a special invitation to bring the boys down to participate.....at least 8 teams on deck to play in the 7v7 today.......though hot it will be, should be able to see a noce collection of skilled players.......that Ringgold is a nice facility to play some ball; dont you think

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Amy is correct. When the HCDE stopped providing transportation for the NCLB program, most of the kids from Howard, who wanted to come to Signal, just couldn't afford the transportation and CARTA does not run a route up Signal. That being said, we never had more than 2-3 of those kids that started. We still have a couple of kids that come up the Mountain, but I suspect most of them will find their way to Notre Dame, CCS, or Ridgeland.

One of our biggest problem always has been, and still is, trying to keep the athletes who live on Signal. Across all sports, when you look at the elementary, recreation teams on Signal, there are a number of good athletes. However, many of them wind up at Baylor, McCallie, GPS, Notre Dame, CCS, or Boyd for middle and high school.

Having a new coach is usually going to make people shy away for a while, but I like what I have seen of Coach Wise, and I think we will be fine in the long run.  7 on 7 has never been our forte, and Ooltewah's skill players would make most teams in the area look bad. We do have a few capable receivers and four guys trying to win the QB spot. Time will tell if we have enough of a passing game to keep opposing defenses honest.

The squad will probably be 35-40, with half of those "big uglies". I like the way our OL and DL are shaping up and we have several good RB's, so I suspect we will probably still be primarily a running team. Coach Wise's summer program is the most intense that I have seen at the high school level, and some guys just weren't will to make the commitment. The squad will be small in numbers, but the guys have really bought in to the program and are playing well as a team.

We will struggle with teams like Ooltewah, Cleveland, and maybe East Hamilton. There are some unknowns in our region with ND, CCS, and Red Bank; but, I think we will hold our own in the region. Still a long way to go in this season. It will be interesting to see how things pan out, but we might just shock a few people.

Edited by wingman10

I still think Signal Mountain goes 7-3 in 2015

Troll; Booger gonna get to see your new command element yall flew in from Florida, along with your eaglets this afternoon in Ringgold......was told your new coach got a special invitation to bring the boys down to participate.....at least 8 teams on deck to play in the 7v7 today.......though hot it will be, should be able to see a noce collection of skilled players.......that Ringgold is a nice facility to play some ball; dont you think

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I recon Ringgold is an alright place to play if your own field and stadium suck. :rolleyes:

I recon Ringgold is an alright place to play if your own field and stadium suck. :rolleyes:

after that performance that Booger witness yesterday in that 7v7; it is obviously apparent that the North Red Bank Mountain (aka Signal Mountain) Eagles should stay away from the articial playing surface at Ringgold .......it is also abviously apparent that having a field and stadium that does not suck as in the case with your NRBM Eagles, is not a required pre-requisite to being a good FB team

Booger just sayin crow-smiley-emoticon.gif

and those are kids that need football more than football needs them..also needs a good school

Having a new coach is usually going to make people shy away for a while, but I like what I have seen of Coach Wise, and I think we will be fine in the long run. 7 on 7 has never been our forte, and Ooltewah's skill players would make most teams in the area look bad. We do have a few capable receivers and four guys trying to win the QB spot. Time will tell if we have enough of a passing game to keep opposing defenses honest.

Classy and educated answer, sir. I was by no means throwing mud on the Eagles; I know they'll be successful. The community would stand for nothing less. Ooltewah's athleticism will be a struggle for most teams, but the pads make a difference. Looking forward to our classic "Air Raid" vs "Ground and Pound" match up. Edited by RicoSuave88