Giles County 2015 Edition

WiseOldManGiles

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see me pulling for tigers.  It will be a long year of work for the sr Wallace if he pulls that stunt.  But if everyone would be REAL honest with yourself, why would anyone want their child to be QB any way, esp at GCHS.  While Bo was setting the qb bar real high he was constantly getting bashed on here by several so called Bobcat fans.  Do you think the young one will not get same treatment if not worse?  My kid is "just" the kicker and he is one missed fg or pat from being the worst kicker ever. Hero or goat there has got to be a happy medium.  I sit and listen to all the fans with all their plays they should have called and what coaches should have done and I wonder did they ever strap up and play the game in high school.  I know mine will work as hard as he can and attend camps this off season.  God didn't make everyone equal, but that is no excuse for not working hard to get better than the next man.  My rant is over. GO BOBCATS DX5 IS BEHIND ALL OF YOU!!!

12 had a couple jealous haters back in the day but by far the majority on here were big fans. Most of the posters on here believed he would be playing at the level he currently is, when few else did.

I am not concerned at all about the offense. Plenty of linemen returning, 3 really good rb's a junior QB that can get the job done + 3 freshmen that could possibly work into the qb role. The kicking game is rock solid.

The question is the defense. Giles has 4 linemen with a lot of snaps + one LB.

There are plenty of athletes. A bunch. Now lets see who wants to bust that rear end this off-season to get better. By the spring game & scrimmage we'll know who's with it and who's not. :ugeek:

Steve I watched four of the JR Cats games this year and have to say the younger brother has an arm as strong or stronger than some HS QB's. Will Walt allow him to compete for the starting job? I know there has been some discussion pertaining to that.

One would think all positions are open. At least in my mind. I have no clue what the coaches plans are. All I know is they are committed to a better, stronger, more rigid off season. Last year we had a returning qb, wr, cb, g, & s. Looks like all are open now. Got plenty of guys with snaps but they should have to all compeat for a slot. ....

Those are my thoughts too. I know that the JR Cats recievers couldn't or were not able to catch but I was thinking in time their skills will develop to HS level but the kids already in HS are there now. I also understand there has been some communication with Walt but that coach O has been contacted to get a feel what the situation is and will be at MC.

Steve I watched four of the JR Cats games this year and have to say the younger brother has an arm as strong or stronger than some HS QB's. Will Walt allow him to compete for the starting job? I know there has been some discussion pertaining to that.

Huge difference in speed of game between middle school and high school. If he is starter there will be growing pains to go with it.