South Pittsburg 2015

Roy Dillard

This old geezer has to back Truth in this one. Every time you guys dropped the bacon, a lot of your fair weather fans were on here talking about how Vic can't get it done in the big game. Which isn't to far of a stretch from the truth in my opinion. Any time SP has been in a game of significance and the talent level is either right below or on par with SP with VICtory at the helm, he might have lost a couple of more than he should have. This old geezer thinks SP was head and shoulders better than WC for sure, UC is debatable but would still give SP the edge. And then there is the most memorable of them all recently, TC in 08. Even VICtory,  himself said that anything short of a championship that year would be considered a failure. Might not be the exact quote but I think you will pick up what I'm putting down. But that's just this old geezers opinion. I could be looking at it through purple and white glasses 8-)  8-) 

just trying to ruffle up those feathers for the kin :thumb: 

• Upvote 1

I agree we have lost some games that even I thought we should win over the years. The Union City game in 2009 bothers me. The Wayne County game maybe not so much because we lost to a team that had 20 seniors and went 14-0. One of Coach Grider's better coaching job in my opinion was 2012 vs Gordonsville when he lost to the eventual state champion by 1 and probably should have lost by 3-4 TDs. He also beat a Courtland AL team in 1999 that had twice the amount of athletes as us. He also beat Trousdale County that year. Another game in 2002 comes to mind. He beat Marion County to start the season and SP had nowhere the talent, speed and size of Marion that season. He has won some games he shouldn't have won as well.

I agree we have lost some games that even I thought we should win over the years. The Union City game in 2009 bothers me. The Wayne County game maybe not so much because we lost to a team that had 20 seniors and went 14-0. One of Coach Grider's better coaching job in my opinion was 2012 vs Gordonsville when he lost to the eventual state champion by 1 and probably should have lost by 3-4 TDs. He also beat a Courtland AL team in 1999 that had twice the amount of athletes as us. He also beat Trousdale County that year. Another game in 2002 comes to mind. He beat Marion County to start the season and SP had nowhere the talent, speed and size of Marion that season. He has won some games he shouldn't have won as well.

you are just a regular company man aren't you.

What's Ricky Ross's record it the big games?

Depends on what you are calling big games. If you are counting playoffs and sp it is 4-1, and that one stings pretty badly. I bet if you asked coach Ross he would tell you he was out coached that game for sure. I would say definite learning experience. One thing about that game is that we weren't seperior to them athletically or physically, they were the better team.

I'm not sure. They are hanging their heads and singing sad songs for some reason.

LOPAO.....Old Pirate says not around the Speedway...most are aware help has arrived with The Captain steering the Pirates and more help soon to follow! The sad singing is going to be mostly elsewhere. Yep, recon so! Edited by OLD PIRATE

LOPAO.....Old Pirate says not around the Speedway...most are aware help has arrived with The Captain steering the Pirates and more help soon to follow! The sad singing is going to be mostly elsewhere. Yep, recon so!

That's the spirit Old Pee. Keep your heads up. Hoist that anchor, raise that sail and get that captain and all his mates and set sail. Steer clear of that island north of you though. Them fellers on that island will get your treasure and send your captain back to the retirement home.