Whites Creek

wreagle71

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Law won at Whites Creek.

Coure won at Whites Creek.

Good coaches can win in Metro. The problem is that on too many occasions they choose to hire terrible coaches.

Gore wins at McGavock. Clayton wins at Hillsboro. Blade and Aydelott also won at Hillsboro. Brunetti and Fitzgerald have won at Pearl. Thompson won at Maplewood. Woodard won at Antioch. Campbell won at Hunters Lane and at Stratford. Wilson won at East Literature and Glencliff.

Good coaches can and have won in Metro. Terrible coaches who expect it to be easy and base it off of a few athletes here and there quickly fizzle out.

I would agree with this statement.  Also, Overton has had several good teams.  In 6A, it's tough to compete with the Maryville's and Murfreesboro Schools.  It would take a really special team to win it in 6A.  But, the others on any given year could compete, and possibly win one.   Whites Creek hasn't had much success in anything lately.  Football and basketball both have been in the dumpster.  That school produced some serious football and basketball talent back in the day.  

• 1 month later...

I would agree with this statement. Also, Overton has had several good teams. In 6A, it's tough to compete with the Maryville's and Murfreesboro Schools. It would take a really special team to win it in 6A. But, the others on any given year could compete, and possibly win one. Whites Creek hasn't had much success in anything lately. Football and basketball both have been in the dumpster. That school produced some serious football and basketball talent back in the day.

Whites Creek hires an assistant girls coach to lead their football team. It looks like another 0-10 season.

The guy is one of the best hs coaches I have ever worked with in my 17 years of coaching.  He is young, energetic, and a great student of the game of football..  You guys are lucky to get him. He and I have put in a lot of time together.  High character guy.

Edited by possum

Whites Creek hires an assistant girls coach to lead their football team. It looks like another 0-10 season.

Don't write off Coach Ward just yet. He was one of the few assistant coaches in Chattanooga who is up and coming. Honestly Tyrus should have already been a head coach. I have a lot of respect for Tyrus considering where he has come from and the coaching jobs he has done. As possum said he is a high character guy, great leader and role model. Not to mention he can coach. I hate seeing him leave the Chattanooga area but he deserves this shot. Edited by Rhea Co.