State Semifinal:Alcoa at Notre Dame

BigDave1967

If I was ND I would load the box and try to make Alcoa throw. Only shot to win. With the kids you got in the defensive backfield, I would take my chances to winning most of those man to man matchups. If #2 has 25 plus carries, it will be a long night.

Even if they do stack the box Alcoa should keep pounding with #2. Notre Dame will wear out from the beating.

Even if they do stack the box Alcoa should keep pounding with #2. Notre Dame will wear out from the beating.

That jr LB ND has will deliver some shots of his own. Even the Goons will appreciate how he plays the game. Slowing the run,Its the only shot they have. Slow Alcoa's run game, make them pass more than they want to. And hopefully break some long plays on offense and special teams to make Alcoa play catchup. I know ND is not Maryville, but they have proved, when Alcoa can't pound it every play for 5+ yards....Rankin and his offense tend to get frustrated.

That jr LB ND has will deliver some shots of his own. Even the Goons will appreciate how he plays the game. Slowing the run,Its the only shot they have. Slow Alcoa's run game, make them pass more than they want to. And hopefully break some long plays on offense and special teams to make Alcoa play catchup. I know ND is not Maryville, but they have proved, when Alcoa can't pound it every play for 5+ yards....Rankin and his offense tend to get frustrated.

ND does not have the depth to stop Alcoa's run game for 4 qtrs. They play linemen both ways. CAK did a great job stopping Alcoa offense in the 1st half. But you have to play 4 qtrs of physical football against Alcoa. Second half CAk was starting to give up the big runs. I just don't see ND being any tougher than that CAK Warrior team. They fight to the end.

Edited by BCsportsfan

ND does not have the depth to stop Alcoa's run game for 4 qtrs. They play linemen both ways. CAK did a great job stopping Alcoa offense in the 1st half. But you have to play 4 qtrs of physical football against Alcoa. Second half CAk was starting to give up the big runs. I just don't see ND being any tougher than that CAK Warrior team. They fight to the end.

you don't have to stop them 4 qts. You just better have a couple scores or more lead after 2 qts getting Alcoa off their game. Easier said than done. I have seen both ND and CAK. Front 7 on D are simular, other than CAK has no LB as physical as the one from ND. The back 4 is were ND has the advantage. More talent and speed. Hard to break long runs for quick strikes on them....they can run you down. I wasnt very impressed when I seen CAK play LA. Very average D, one demintional offense....and they quit verses LA in the second half. ND won't quit. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Alcoa threw it when they had to last night... And guess what?

It worked.

Just because they don't throw the ball much doesn't mean they can't throw it.

CAKe had 16 in the box last night and Tyson still reeled off some big runs. But with 13 at QB, the offense has a second dimension.

Don't fool yourself.

agree, Alcoa can pound it with the best of them. But if I had my choice, I would rather have them throwing it agaist my strength, the skill guys, than handing it to #2 30 times. ND will have to take chances on D and "try" to force Alcoa to pass more than they want to. Alcoa can pass if they have to, ND better make them have to a lot to have a chance. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan