State Semifinal: Coalfield at Monterey

BigDave1967

Can't believe this is a semifinal game :roll: Wow, how far 1A football talent has fallen. At least one of you get a silver ball. That is better than the rest of the teams from the East. Congrats

I say CHS by a couple of scores. You have to think, Quad 2 this year was the weakest quad we have ever seen since the Z plan kicked in. The best 3 teams in the east were all in Quad 1. Possibly even 5 of the best 6.

Did copper basin play coalfield this year??

Basin had 337 yds of offense Coalfield had 227 yds.  Coalfield rushed 23 times for 158 yds and threw 9 for 16 for 69 yds.  All five tds were on the ground.  They had eight rushing first downs, four passing first downs and four first downs off penalties.  Not a good day if you were a ref wanting to wipe your nose.  Try 14 penalties on Basin for 112 yds. Lots of boys went out with cramps.  We put in freshmen for a lot of the second half in and out.  Basin led 20-0 in second qtr and  26-8 at the half.  The third opened with a Basin turnover and was a downhill slide losing 34-32.  Missed couple of extra points or could have been different.  Good luck to you guys,

I assure you this we are not cocky by any means just one game at a time!! They are having a good year and surpassed many peoples expectations and just glad to be in the position that they are in!! Everyone in the town and the surrounding communities have rallied around them to help cheer them on!! GO Wildcats!!

If Coalfield does win it won't be by 28. Wildcat defense is playing really good right now. I think it will surprise many just how close these two teams will be.

Coalfield might have played the best football they have played all year Friday. They still had a couple costly penalties, one of which brought back a touchdowns and around 10 dropped passes that hit WRs in the hands. If they play like they did Friday and limit drops then Monterey won't have an answer. Edited by TheMan0405
  • Upvote 1

When you win and celebrate they call you cocky.  Its like you are supposed to stay in the cellar every year.  When you beat their team, the cornerstone collapses and some people want heads to roll.  Sometimes you feel like a nut sometimes you don't.  Basin had a good season.  Nobody thought we would make it to the playoffs, much less the quarterfinals.  East is up, east is down, east is sideways.  Who cares? Only the few getting their butts whipped.  Monterey will have a tough game against Coalfield.  They can move the ball.  If you haven't heard, which I know you have, they had a few out.  One came out during the first series.  We had a lot out the whole game too.  If ifs ands and buts were candies and nuts wed all have a merry Christmas, or at least be in the semi finals.  I think Montereys defense will find Coalfield to be more balanced than Basin.  You wont be able to load the box.  Ride the horse that got you here.  I will pull for the boys from the mountains, and tell your cameraman Randy I owe him a Coke next time I see him.