State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

What were Oakland and Blackman's average margin of victory in the games they won this year?

Least they have balls to play Hoover be it a down year

And for God's sake quit thumping the chest over one trip to a Hoover team whom I hear was average this year (by their standards). Especially since it was an L and from most accounts not as close as the score would indicate. Answer that question though; Notre Dame wouldn't touch it. With the monster schedule how many times were Blackman and Oakland seriously challenged other than when they played each other? You guys preach schedule constantly because you've not beat us and it's all you got. All the while ridiculously over hyping yourselves. Those two "elites" combined for 200 yards in penalties last night and one got tossed. That tells me all I need to know about the discipline and coaching to an extent.

Least they have the footballs to lace it up versus Hoover , what about MHS ? Wait they don't

Margin of victory would be the same if 7aaa played your cupcake schedule

As I stated you best 7aaa can't argue that , can argue this

You play such weak teams you stay rested

Funny as of late when you get the 7aaa in semis you get a battle ( take last 2 years Stars and Blaze ) yes you won but at least you had to earn it

Saying that your right MHS could go undefeated in 7aaa but they would be tested and have to play starters vs RHS SHS OHS and BHS

If it's overhyping then why do you have a battle on your hands with Seigal or BHS last few years why you blow out your conference and non conference games huh?

No I don't hide unlike MHS facing Ensworth

You gave us crisp on Knox west or Alcoa and they would get smacked down by either OHS or BHS that is fact

Fact is since you are saying you are the elite and all shall hail you a king why not want to be challenged and face a Ensworth or a Hoover , heck real programs all across the USA play the best teams to be challenged , MHS nope duck and hide , perhaps they know they can't win and are afraid yes I said it afraid - or why not want a challenge as the best team in Tn you proved it to us all , now prove it to the real national powers until then your program is just a Queen

I can't speak for others but I do respect the Rebels and what they have accomplished. They have won all the semi games against the district and did what they have to do to advance. That's the bottom line. As far as schedules both teams have had large wins over not great teams. That's just the schedule and can't change that. Hope for a clean competitive game and I know Maryville will play hard. That what they do and that's what Oakland does. Hope all Maryville fans can show and have a safe trip to and from the game. Good luck to both and injury free for both.

Classy post T4000, Seriously that's the way the Maryville fans want it . Oakland has been to the Big Show and already has 3 State Championships .... I respect that . I always found the Riverdale fans to be nice and Classy too ... Maybe it's because fans who have been there done that knows more about how much Hard work goes into winning a Championship and can Respect that .

Look forward to getting to know you and your fellow Oakland fans TOM4000Patriots  , any stories from you guys on past State Championship teams ? 

I can't speak for others but I do respect the Rebels and what they have accomplished. They have won all the semi games against the district and did what they have to do to advance. That's the bottom line. As far as schedules both teams have had large wins over not great teams. That's just the schedule and can't change that. Hope for a clean competitive game and I know Maryville will play hard. That what they do and that's what Oakland does. Hope all Maryville fans can show and have a safe trip to and from the game. Good luck to both and injury free for both.

BUMP! Great post TOM4000Patriots! My thoughts as well! All this crap about 7AAA being a tougher region is nonsense! Plain and simple Maryville has beaten all the teams from our region fair and square! The two times my Warriors have faced them they have been taken behind the shed! When Friday comes the best team will win and go on to the Championship game! Best wishes to Maryville and Oakland for a great injury free game! Safe travels to all the fine Maryville posters and fans! The place David posted to eat Millers is awesome! As is Slick Pig on Main Street. Busters on Broad Street has great burgers as well. Chef Wangs was pretty good as well! Enjoy!

BUMP! Great post TOM4000Patriots! My thoughts as well! All this crap about 7AAA being a tougher region is nonsense! Plain and simple Maryville has beaten all the teams from our region fair and square! The two times my Warriors have faced them they have been taken behind the shed! When Friday comes the best team will win and go on to the Championship game! Best wishes to Maryville and Oakland for a great injury free game! Safe travels to all the fine Maryville posters and fans! The place David posted to eat Millers is awesome! As is Slick Pig on Main Street. Busters on Broad Street has great burgers as well. Chef Wangs was pretty good as well! Enjoy!

I apologize warhawks for getting carried away and saying 7AAA , I should be more specific because there are lots of Classy fans like you out there pulling for your 7AAA team . I should never include Riverdale in  any of this Crap . I do get upset that no matter how much these Young men from Maryville do , that there's always someone there trying to diminish their accomplishments and somehow make it that Maryville doesn't deserve their respect . 

I apologize warhawks for getting carried away and saying 7AAA , I should be more specific because there are lots of Classy fans like you out there pulling for your 7AAA team . I should never include Riverdale in  any of this Crap . I do get upset that no matter how much these Young men from Maryville do , that there's always someone there trying to diminish their accomplishments and somehow make it that Maryville doesn't deserve their respect . 

No apology necessary pepvol! Always know that some of us have a lot of respect and admiration for Maryvilles football program, their accomplishments and the level they continue to play at year in and year out! Nothing short of AMAZING!! I understand your pride and passion and Maryville is lucky to have you as a fan and supporter! I don't know why some of these douche bags on here have to act like they do but thats on them! Best wishes to the Rebels for continued success! Maybe my Warriors will get to play you guys in the semi finals in the next year or two! :thumb:

Well Maryville is a very good team, year in and year out. Do they have 7-AAA's number? Yes. Do I feel like this is the best chance to end that streak? Possibly. My confidence went down a little the past week.

My theory is, Maryville may not play the strongest schedule during the season, however I believe they only get better as a team down the stretch. By the time they get to the playoffs they are a beast of a team. So the "playing a weak schedule" is becoming an invalid topic right now. Maryville is ready to match up with anyone and has plenty of skill to do so. They have not had a close game yet in the playoffs. My point being, Maryville only gets better game after game, while other teams seem to flip flop in tempo. Oakland has the defense to hang with Maryville,but the lack of offense concerns me. Good luck to both teams, really hoping for an injury free game.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

I just hope I get off work early enough to drive to Murfreesboro to see the Maryville vs Oakland game.

I expect a tough game. When you hold Blackmans offense to 1 touchdown you must be pretty good. I saw how good Blackman was last year. Oakland is talented and very physical. They remind me of Alcoa in that they line it up and run it. Of course their coach coached under Gary Rankin.

I expect an all out war this Friday.