Nashville Christian at Union City - West Semi-Finals

MisterObjective

Atlas, I started a thread about Wilkes.The running back thst gained 165 yards against UC.More thsn UC Mr.Football candidste Henry.I know yall are going to say Henry was on a more balanced team.Yes he was, And a lot better line.But also, How in the world can a Mr.Football which is picked by a lot of coaches and writers that have seen neither play but yet csnt even be voted the MVP in the district that was voted on by coaches that have seen both play.Seems like the statewide people voting should do a better job or wait until All District teams are picked.Looks like Mr.Football nominations are tsinted.Again.Congrats to UC.And this was related to this thread as I wish Mr Football candidate well even though he wasn't MVP in his own district...Geez

All of the awards are pretty much a joke unless they come from your team or district.. Every other award is a speculation by people who read stats and listen to hype. It's all about what team you're on and how much pull your coach has.. I've seen players not even make all district or even the newspaper and get an all state award.. I've seen great players get much less recognition than they deserve because their team lost ball games and in turn not get rewards.. I've seen coaches pad stats and send them in to the paper and into all the programs and everything.. I've seen players with the exact same stats on each side of the spectrum and players with better stats get nothing at all.. And the truth is none of it matters.. The win column is and will always be the great divider

All of the awards are pretty much a joke unless they come from your team or district.. Every other award is a speculation by people who read stats and listen to hype. It's all about what team you're on and how much pull your coach has.. I've seen players not even make all district or even the newspaper and get an all state award.. I've seen great players get much less recognition than they deserve because their team lost ball games and in turn not get rewards.. I've seen coaches pad stats and send them in to the paper and into all the programs and everything.. I've seen players with the exact same stats on each side of the spectrum and players with better stats get nothing at all.. And the truth is none of it matters.. The win column is and will always be the great divider

Exactly. Great post. I could not care less if any of our players got any awards as long as the team gets the Gold Ball. I know that our players would agree. Thank you.

Atlas, I started a thread about Wilkes.The running back thst gained 165 yards against UC.More thsn UC Mr.Football candidste Henry.I know yall are going to say Henry was on a more balanced team.Yes he was, And a lot better line.But also, How in the world can a Mr.Football which is picked by a lot of coaches and writers that have seen neither play but yet csnt even be voted the MVP in the district that was voted on by coaches that have seen both play.Seems like the statewide people voting should do a better job or wait until All District teams are picked.Looks like Mr.Football nominations are tsinted.Again.Congrats to UC.And this was related to this thread as I wish Mr Football candidate well even though he wasn't MVP in his own district...Geez

The performance of 1 player dont mean anything if you dont win. So no disrespect but this thread hasnnothing to do with lake co. so move on.

Exactly. Great post. I could not care less if any of our players got any awards as long as the team gets the Gold Ball. I know that our players would agree. Thank you.

I agree with both of you on this.Notv aimed at Wilkes orvHenry.But if Henry was playing against UC behind the LC line would he have fared 2ell or even been nominated.I think its because UC was at State last year and he's on a great team.But he is a very good athlete.

While this is not the way I wanted to see the season end, it was a likely outcome. More lopsided than I had hoped for, but plenty to be proud of. These boys have lost 2 games in 2 years. Both to the eventual champ. Tonight wasn't their finest hour, but for all but a few there are more Friday nights to come, more Saturdays for a select few, and a world of opportunities for those who won't put the pads on again. I loved getting to watch this group play. Congratulations on a great season and for everything you've done for NCS.

Mr. Football is voted on how you help your team and UC is undefeated. I haven't seen anything on where district MVP or any award has been announced yet. Thats usually voted on and announced after the season is over.

While this is not the way I wanted to see the season end, it was a likely outcome. More lopsided than I had hoped for, but plenty to be proud of. These boys have lost 2 games in 2 years. Both to the eventual champ. Tonight wasn't their finest hour, but for all but a few there are more Friday nights to come, more Saturdays for a select few, and a world of opportunities for those who won't put the pads on again. I loved getting to watch this group play. Congratulations on a great season and for everything you've done for NCS.

I know this loss hurts now but the fact is ncs had a great season and will look back on it in the future and be very proud! Congrats on a great year!

we have all been there against UC.You guys had a great season while a lot of us were sitting at home.Congrats Edited by mrbigster