State Semi- Ravenwood vs Whitehaven

LoveForTheGame

I sit here and count my blessings as Thanksgiving approaches, yet I'm heavy hearted as my thoughts and prayers go out to Ferguson, MO. My alma mater gets to play in the semi-finals of the Class 6A high school football play-offs and my brethren up north in Ferguson Missouri are having their very own 'Trezevant' moment for all of the world to witness.

The decision to NOT indict went through this country's court system, yet there are millions of Americans who think that a terrible injustice is being done ... and there reaction is just as sad as the decision to NOT indict. Chris Rock quoted W.E.B. DuBois when he tweeted "A system cannot fail those it was never meant to protect".

Somebody needs to tell those citizens that their reaction is 'wrong'. Somebody needs to tell those citizens that their reaction is 'unacceptable'. Somebody needs to tell those citizens that their 'is no place' for their reaction. Somebody needs to tell those citizens that 'no good will come from' their reaction.

That somebody isn't going to be me.

The whole situation is just sad. All I can do is pray for Ferguson. All I can do is pray for all involved. All I can do is pray for my country. I don't live in Ferguson so I'm far removed from the emotions that are attached to the citizens who are outraged. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm glad that I'm not there ... that I'm not personally experiencing those emotions ... that I'm far removed from the scene.

I'm going to try and drown out the noise and enjoy my team's game this Friday night. Tonight, however, my thoughts, prayers, mind will be on the citizens of Ferguson, Missouri.

I sit here and count my blessings as Thanksgiving approaches, yet I'm heavy hearted as my thoughts and prayers go out to Ferguson, MO. My alma mater gets to play in the semi-finals of the Class 6A high school football play-offs and my brethren up north in Ferguson Missouri are having their very own 'Trezevant' moment for all of the world to witness. The decision to NOT indict went through this country's court system, yet there are millions of Americans who think that a terrible injustice is being done ... and there reaction is just as sad as the decision to NOT indict. Chris Rock quoted W.E.B. DuBois when he tweeted "A system cannot fail those it was never meant to protect". Somebody needs to tell those citizens that their reaction is 'wrong'. Somebody needs to tell those citizens that their reaction is 'unacceptable'. Somebody needs to tell those citizens that their 'is no place' for their reaction. Somebody needs to tell those citizens that 'no good will come from' their reaction. That somebody isn't going to be me. The whole situation is just sad. All I can do is pray for Ferguson. All I can do is pray for all involved. All I can do is pray for my country. I don't live in Ferguson so I'm far removed from the emotions that are attached to the citizens who are outraged. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm glad that I'm not there ... that I'm not personally experiencing those emotions ... that I'm far removed from the scene. I'm going to try and drown out the noise and enjoy my team's game this Friday night. Tonight, however, my thoughts, prayers, mind will be on the citizens of Ferguson, Missouri.

I sit here and count my blessings as Thanksgiving approaches, yet I'm heavy hearted as my thoughts and prayers go out to Ferguson, MO. My alma mater gets to play in the semi-finals of the Class 6A high school football play-offs and my brethren up north in Ferguson Missouri are having their very own 'Trezevant' moment for all of the world to witness.

The decision to NOT indict went through this country's court system, yet there are millions of Americans who think that a terrible injustice is being done ... and there reaction is just as sad as the decision to NOT indict. Chris Rock quoted W.E.B. DuBois when he tweeted "A system cannot fail those it was never meant to protect".

Somebody needs to tell those citizens that their reaction is 'wrong'. Somebody needs to tell those citizens that their reaction is 'unacceptable'. Somebody needs to tell those citizens that their 'is no place' for their reaction. Somebody needs to tell those citizens that 'no good will come from' their reaction.

That somebody isn't going to be me.

The whole situation is just sad. All I can do is pray for Ferguson. All I can do is pray for all involved. All I can do is pray for my country. I don't live in Ferguson so I'm far removed from the emotions that are attached to the citizens who are outraged. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm glad that I'm not there ... that I'm not personally experiencing those emotions ... that I'm far removed from the scene.

I'm going to try and drown out the noise and enjoy my team's game this Friday night. Tonight, however, my thoughts, prayers, mind will be on the citizens of Ferguson, Missouri.

I sit here and count my blessings as Thanksgiving approaches, yet I'm heavy hearted as my thoughts and prayers go out to Ferguson, MO. My alma mater gets to play in the semi-finals of the Class 6A high school football play-offs and my brethren up north in Ferguson Missouri are having their very own 'Trezevant' moment for all of the world to witness. The decision to NOT indict went through this country's court system, yet there are millions of Americans who think that a terrible injustice is being done ... and there reaction is just as sad as the decision to NOT indict. Chris Rock quoted W.E.B. DuBois when he tweeted "A system cannot fail those it was never meant to protect". Somebody needs to tell those citizens that their reaction is 'wrong'. Somebody needs to tell those citizens that their reaction is 'unacceptable'. Somebody needs to tell those citizens that their 'is no place' for their reaction. Somebody needs to tell those citizens that 'no good will come from' their reaction. That somebody isn't going to be me. The whole situation is just sad. All I can do is pray for Ferguson. All I can do is pray for all involved. All I can do is pray for my country. I don't live in Ferguson so I'm far removed from the emotions that are attached to the citizens who are outraged. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm glad that I'm not there ... that I'm not personally experiencing those emotions ... that I'm far removed from the scene. I'm going to try and drown out the noise and enjoy my team's game this Friday night. Tonight, however, my thoughts, prayers, mind will be on the citizens of Ferguson, Missouri.

I'm messing up on my posting here but, sir I came to the thread to read about the game. What is happening up there i agree is very sad. When people bring kids into the world and don't pour love, discipline, community and family into them you get broken hearts and destruction. There are many who will see this different than me and many who will agree with me. The rule of law must always be supported for a society to survive. I also pray for the innocent people effected by this unfortunate event. Now who's going to face Maryville in 8 days for the title?

I'm messing up on my posting here but, sir I came to the thread to read about the game. What is happening up there i agree is very sad. When people bring kids into the world and don't pour love, discipline, community and family into them you get broken hearts and destruction. There are many who will see this different than me and many who will agree with me. The rule of law must always be supported for a society to survive. I also pray for the innocent people effected by this unfortunate event. Now who's going to face Maryville in 8 days for the title?

Whitehaven

Well BHS unfortunately you are correct, No Murfreesboro support for a great team. It's sad but luckily it won't affect the outcome of the game. My final prediction, Ravenwood 34 Whitehaven 27. I see a smash mouth football game by both teams. The fact Ravenwood hasn't been in this position in a long time, I see them coming out with more fire. Not to say WH won't. Good luck to both teams, either team deserves to win in my book.

Well BHS unfortunately you are correct, No Murfreesboro support for a great team. It's sad but luckily it won't affect the outcome of the game. My final prediction, Ravenwood 34 Whitehaven 27. I see a smash mouth football game by both teams. The fact Ravenwood hasn't been in this position in a long time, I see them coming out with more fire. Not to say WH won't. Good luck to both teams, either team deserves to win in my book.

Smash mouth??? Raptors look small-ish to me.