State Semi-Final GCA at Marion County

gcapride

This might be the funniest post ever. SP has won several state championships. In 1969 they were carried by one player named Wigfall. In 1994 they were carried by Tipton. In 1999 they were carried by Pickett and his 6 TDs and 250 yards in the title game. In 2007 they were carried by Robert Robinson. In 2010 they were carried by Hale. In 1985 Lake County beat SP and they were carried by a game named Kenny Flagg. In 1986 Spring Hill was carried by a guy named Orlando Papa Wade. In 2009 Union City was carried by a guy named Josh Nicks. In 2011 Wayne County was carried by Austin Rice. In 2012 Gordonsville was carried by Cason. In 2013 Union City was carried by Ricky Henry. Yes, my friend, one special player can and usually does carry a team to a state championship at our level.

Exactly!

In 1A and 2A one player can make all the difference in the world. 1 player can and has won state titles for teams. Not saying Zeman can win it by himself but after watching him for 4 years I would rather line up on the same side as him as against him.

Anyone that has routinely kept up with 1A or 2A football understands that one guy usually puts a team on his back and they go win it all. Edited by TheAmbassador

Yes one player can win especially if he is great on both side of the ball. Logan and I watched the int on hudl and one of the best plays I have seen in a long time. BZ is at a different level rite now. Can play at the next level awell

Yes, he should play at the next level. He is a definite D2 player, but might be able to play at the FCS level as well.

Its not gonna be a one man show..but that one guy will make you remember his name

I can agree with that. Great players make plays. But it takes 11 to field a TEAM. It's easy for 1 to stand out when there are 10 others doing their jobs effectively.

If Marion is 300 lbs across the board and can pound out 4-5 yds per carry by steam rolling much like UC, then Zeman can get 40+ carries and do it all. But it's fact, MC ain't lined up in front of an animal like GCA all year. I still say they'll have to throw it some to win

I can agree with that. Great players make plays. But it takes 11 to field a TEAM. It's easy for 1 to stand out when there are 10 others doing their jobs effectively.

If Marion is 300 lbs across the board and can pound out 4-5 yds per carry by steam rolling much like UC, then Zeman can get 40+ carries and do it all. But it's fact, MC ain't lined up in front of an animal like GCA all year. I still say they'll have to throw it some to win

You're right it takes 11. One thing about these kids in all my years of watching MC football I've never seen a team that's as close as these guys. They feed off each other. As for Zeman he isn't going to break a big play every time he gets the ball but he is just one of those players that you hold your breath when he gets the ball because you never know what's going to happen.