State Semi-Final GCA at Marion County

gcapride

We heard about a big back we wouldn't be able to handle last week too....nothing new. Please continue to underestimate us though.

Anything can happen, I think Marion is the team to beat and have been all season. Grace might pull the upset, but I can promise you one thing. Oneida has no backs like 1 and 21 at Marion. You don't get held to low scoring totals like they did this season against far inferior teams if you have two special players like 1 and 21. I'm all SP regardless of what some say, but I'm telling you those two are tough and can fly. Bottom line is this. If Marion doesn't turn the ball over next Friday. They won't lose. Edited by TheAmbassador

I believe Marion wins Friday but I think the champion comes out of the west.

Two problems for the team out west. They don't have the following.

1. Blake Zemen

2. The Ross Factor

These were the two reasons Marion beat Trousdale last week. Take either of those two away and it would have been difficult to win. Just an opinion.

Edited by TheAmbassador

GCA plays fast diciplined aggressive football on both sides. Our back sounds about the size of mc #1 maybe an inch or two taller but he doesn't hurdle. He got his from time to time but they did a good job controlling the middle. I don't see many 5'8" 225 lbs backs being able to get the edge consistently on GCA. They run sideline to sideline very well. If mc can pass efficiently then that's where they need to make a living IMO. GCA can be exposed there. Our QB had plenty of time & the WR's were open a lot the timing was just off. We didn't pass a lot but when we did it was there more than not. This should be a very good ball game but if mc is a pound the rock team you better cash in on every possession. Getting behind GCA is not the place to be. They just keep on the gas. Very patient backs with speed when they need it. If mc can get them in passing situations they struggle there much more than years past.

GCA plays fast diciplined aggressive football on both sides. Our back sounds about the size of mc #1 maybe an inch or two taller but he doesn't hurdle. He got his from time to time but they did a good job controlling the middle. I don't see many 5'8" 225 lbs backs being able to get the edge consistently on GCA. They run sideline to sideline very well. If mc can pass efficiently then that's where they need to make a living IMO. GCA can be exposed there. Our QB had plenty of time & the WR's were open a lot the timing was just off. We didn't pass a lot but when we did it was there more than not. This should be a very good ball game but if mc is a pound the rock team you better cash in on every possession. Getting behind GCA is not the place to be. They just keep on the gas. Very patient backs with speed when they need it. If mc can get them in passing situations they struggle there much more than years past.

Great analysis Crow. I love and respect your posts, but Marion's number 1 is on an entirely different level than the other RBs in the east.

Two problems for the team out west. They don't have the following.

1. Blake Zemen

2. The Ross Factor

These were the two reasons Marion beat Trousdale last week. Take either of those two away and it would have been difficult to win. Just an opinion.

IMO that was not a great Trousdale team. Way too many injuries. #5 was a big time player but even he was not 100%. Their line was very average. If Peabody beats Adamsville then they will have the "Ricky Woods" factor. Not many coaches anywhere with his credentials.

Good estimation Crow. The key to me is Marion's run stopping abilities. Grace don't look that great on film but they are a different aminal on the field. Everyone talks about #2 and #40 and they are hosses but they have more backs that can hurt you also.

We love doubters. We've had some this year and have proven a lot of them wrong. Keep on underestimating us. Keep on looking at our schedule. Keep on thinking you have been up against a back like Zeman. He is a great kid who never takes credit for anything he has done. When he gets fired up though he takes it up a notch. I will let him know tomorrow what you think of him. I'm sure I will get that same smile as always.