State Semi-Final GCA at Marion County

gcapride

The bigger the situation, the bigger #1 plays for Marion. This game, in my opinion, will come down to how well GCA defends against the supporting cast around #1. I have been equally impressed with #21 and how well he has improved since his freshman year. Make no mistake, he is a quality back that most teams would love to have as well. I don't know much about GCA as far as seeing them on film, but I do expect this game to be a knock down drag out. I will be pulling for our neighbors down the road this week, just as their SP neighbors are doing as well. Good luck to both teams.

I agree they will hold the run in chk,but if Marion can throw it then you have a whole different animal,that ooens the run back up.I will take GCA and 7 in this one.

I agree they will hold the run in chk,but if Marion can throw it then you have a whole different animal,that ooens the run back up.I will take GCA and 7 in this one.

OnB, injury crept in or we would have thrown on em all night. If Marion has a QB with at good arm and receivers to catch it, they have a good shot...If not, I imagine it will be a 4-qtr game....I told those injuns they couldn't prepare for GCA by watching game film avail up to the point when we played em....GCA is different animal now compared to any game film I had seen up to the 2nd round.

MC has to be as determined & smart as GCA...And those boys are sharp...They are big....And they are tuff.  If they get the chance to step on the gas, they will not let off.

Oneida is not a slow football team....I take exception to the poster that put that up.  You don't get the #3 defensive ranking in the state (in all classes) by being "slow".  GCA made numerous plays that had serious consquences to the final score in that game.  4th and 1 stop, fumbled punt return, fumbled kick-off, interception on 3 yard line, and other mistakes made by our team (and theirs) that reflected the score of that game.  I believe they started 2 or three drives in our territory (short field), but like any team that reaches this point they capitalized on each of our mistakes.  They are very sound in what they are doing right now, if I sense a weakness in them it would be they aren't as effective a passing team as they were a year ago.  Excluding the TD pass they threw late, their QB was not exceptionally sharp throwing the ball.  If Marion is what I think, this game will be won or loss up front because they will both try to impose their will in the run game.  #1/#21 (Marion) vs #2/#40 (GCA)......whichever tandem has the most yards combined will IMO have the upper hand at the games conclusion.  Two Cents Worth...!

Kazam

OnB I looked for the Facebook thing you asked me to. Apparently I don't know the names of the kids parents. I thought I did but guess not. Email me mor info if you want.

OnB, injury crept in or we would have thrown on em all night. If Marion has a QB with at good arm and receivers to catch it, they have a good shot...If not, I imagine it will be a 4-qtr game....I told those injuns they couldn't prepare for GCA by watching game film avail up to the point when we played em....GCA is different animal now compared to any game film I had seen up to the 2nd round.

MC has to be as determined & smart as GCA...And those boys are sharp...They are big....And they are tuff.  If they get the chance to step on the gas, they will not let off.

I've got a feeling the gas pedal is going to be a little harder to find this week. Barring turnovers and cheap scores, I'm not looking for a high scoring affair.

Oneida is not a slow football team....I take exception to the poster that put that up.  You don't get the #3 defensive ranking in the state (in all classes) by being "slow".  GCA made numerous plays that had serious consquences to the final score in that game.  4th and 1 stop, fumbled punt return, fumbled kick-off, interception on 3 yard line, and other mistakes made by our team (and theirs) that reflected the score of that game.  I believe they started 2 or three drives in our territory (short field), but like any team that reaches this point they capitalized on each of our mistakes.  They are very sound in what they are doing right now, if I sense a weakness in them it would be they aren't as effective a passing team as they were a year ago.  Excluding the TD pass they threw late, their QB was not exceptionally sharp throwing the ball.  If Marion is what I think, this game will be won or loss up front because they will both try to impose their will in the run game.  #1/#21 (Marion) vs #2/#40 (GCA)......whichever tandem has the most yards combined will IMO have the upper hand at the games conclusion.  Two Cents Worth...!

Kazam

Kaz we certainly aren't fast, didn't have a 4.7 second kid on the field Friday.

They have the ability to throw the ball, although it isn't as effective as some would want. The QB is in his first year under center, but he is an athlete. I know first hand that stopping #21 and #1 on the same night is a tall order, then sprinkle in #24 and that just adds to the fun. 

I probably should have clarified that I am a neighbor to MC. At this point I don't have a horse in the race, but I do enjoy watching good football.

They have the ability to throw the ball, although it isn't as effective as some would want. The QB is in his first year under center, but he is an athlete. I know first hand that stopping #21 and #1 on the same night is a tall order, then sprinkle in #24 and that just adds to the fun. 

I probably should have clarified that I am a neighbor to MC. At this point I don't have a horse in the race, but I do enjoy watching good football.

+1!

These 2 are like looking in the mirror, both run it with several backs, just different formations. Bothe will put it up a little ,but its surely not the way either wants to make a living. Just a dang good game in my opinion.