State Semi-Final GCA at Marion County

gcapride

"before I crown them as good" lol .Read what he posted. He said it was on one of the top rated defenses in the state. They were averaging giving up 5.9 pts per game when we played them. That had them ranked 3rd in the state (all classifications). Thats from the state records, he didn' crown them as a great sefense.

The one thing I can agree with you is that they played mostly inferior single A teams. No disrespect to the Oneida folks, but I thought they would've played better than how they played that night. We must've caught them on an off night

“The whole night, let’s just go ahead and face it, when we had a chance to make plays, we didn’t,†Oneida coach Tony Lambert said after the game. “Grace had something to do with that. They came out and stuck it to us.â€

“It was just one of those nights,†Lambert said. “We picked a bad night to play our worst game, but let’s not pretend that Grace didn’t have a lot to do with that.â€

Quotes of Tony Lambert from The Independent Herald

Bass.....I have no disillusion of this years team being "great", yet this years team was above average in terms of most people's pre-season perception of them.  There aren't a whole lot of teams that are going to survive to play another day when you have 2 turnovers in the red zone (4 total) against a playoff caliber opponent.  Not to mention the failure to convert a early 4th and 1 that would have kept a drive alive in GCA's territory.  The two special teams turnovers were extremely costly in the scheme of things too, as they came when the Indians could ill afford any more.  Long story short....GCA made the breaks they got in the ball game and Oneida was never able to get any momentum when they really needed it.  Your pot shots easily rub people the wrong way.....guess that makes you feel better about the Pirates.  No one that I know up here posted of our "greatness", but the team had done well to achieve their successes this year.   Your comments do little to detract from that.....find another team to blow on.

Kazam37 :twisted:

“The whole night, let’s just go ahead and face it, when we had a chance to make plays, we didn’t,†Oneida coach Tony Lambert said after the game. “Grace had something to do with that. They came out and stuck it to us.â€

“It was just one of those nights,†Lambert said. “We picked a bad night to play our worst game, but let’s not pretend that Grace didn’t have a lot to do with that.â€

Quotes of Tony Lambert from The Independent Herald

That's what I was trying to get across. Oneida didn't play defense as tough that night as they did in all the other games this year. I know we had some to do with that, but a team avg'ing 5.9 pts per game on defense doesn't allow 35 unless they are having a tough night with players/adjustments. Play that game again, it will probably be a lot closer.

I left that night feeling that way Pride......certainly don't know if the outcome would have been any better (if you lose by 35 or 3 it hurts).  I was just disappointed that we didn't show well that night.  I think given another shot, we would give a better account of ourselves.  Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure Marion will be ready.

Kaz

Kazam, I call it like it is. My pirates were not good at all this season. That's just the bottom line. If a team is good, bad, great or average I just call it like it is. My intentions aren't to offend, but to give unbiased opinions and I believe for the most part I do just that. Sorry if that offended you.

I believe many of your comments are biased. I don't really care, your opinion carries as much weight as a feather. And that might be stretching it.

My opinions, however, are completely and unconditionally biased toward the best school in Karns :thumb:

Kazam, I call it like it is. My pirates were not good at all this season. That's just the bottom line. If a team is good, bad, great or average I just call it like it is. My intentions aren't to offend, but to give unbiased opinions and I believe for the most part I do just that. Sorry if that offended you.

Based on your countless hours of not seeing them play a single snap. Bass I call it like I see it to. Oneida offense: sub par. Oneida defense very good. Oneida special teams above average to very good. Ambassadors assessment of teams he only saw the box score: blow hard.

I'm not sure your opinion in this instance is worth a hill of beans.  You didn't attend the game, so I'm sure the score indicated our team was below average.  News Flash, it happens to good teams from time to time.  Coach Lambert manned up to the fact that we did not give a typical effort that night and he didn't detract from GCA either.  Oneida is not a great team.....we have had one and I know first hand what one looks like.  However, my assessment of this years team differs from yours:  Their offense is built on the run, and yet teams knowing they had to stop it, for the most part couldn't.  A great team has to have that 2nd option (pass) to keep teams  from loading up on them and we averaged 2 passes per game.  No we weren't great, but it takes an above average team to run with the effectiveness we did through the course of the season. 

Kazanity

Crow....lol. I can say that no matter how bad the talk got last week and post game, crow stuck to facts and I respect that. Honestly all 3 games in the playoffs most, including the ones who count picked against GCA and with no exception to this week. I love it. This group of Young men have bonded and found an inner strength like nothing I've ever seen before. This game will certainly test both teams in every capacity. Counting down the hours.

Crow....lol. I can say that no matter how bad the talk got last week and post game, crow stuck to facts and I respect that. Honestly all 3 games in the playoffs most, including the ones who count picked against GCA and with no exception to this week. I love it. This group of Young men have bonded and found an inner strength like nothing I've ever seen before. This game will certainly test both teams in every capacity. Counting down the hours.

I'd have to disagree on one point. The ones that count wear helmets & I guarantee at least half of those last week didn't pick against GCA. Yall came out fired up, answered the call & took it to us especially the second half. Yall would have hung 50 or 60 on an average defense that night. We didn't play our best but that's probably because we were playing the best team we had faced this year. I'm not picking for or against yall this week. I've not saw a snap Marion played this year but they are supposed to be for real. I watched a ton of GCA snaps both on film & In person. I have saw the difference from the first game to last week. GCA may get beat but either way I really won't be surprised. Only thing that will surprise me is a blow out either way, just don't see that coming.

As for sticking to the facts, guess I'm just a Joe Friday kinda guy :lol:

Edited by crow

I believe many of your comments are biased. I don't really care, your opinion carries as much weight as a feather. And that might be stretching it.

My opinions, however, are completely and unconditionally biased toward the best school in Karns :thumb:

LMBO, my comments toward SP sure aren't biased. To each his own, but I'm right more than I'm wrong predicting scores.