Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

You sayin' we ain't got no breakaway speed??

In the backfield, we don't...at least I haven't seen it. Our freshmen have speed but are they ready for varsity football and playing against 12th graders? They've only played against 7th and 8th graders.  It's a big jump but whenever they start playing we will have breakaway speed.

You sayin' we ain't got no breakaway speed??

I will say this though.....our backs run hard and tough. That's a great thing. We have quite a few backs and I guess that's why we went to this offense...or one of the reasons. I still love the offense but we need to block better no matter what the offense is!

I will say this though.....our backs run hard and tough. That's a great thing. We have quite a few backs and I guess that's why we went to this offense...or one of the reasons. I still love the offense but we need to block better no matter what the offense is!

No matter what we have in the backfield or split out wide if the QB doesn't have enough time to make a decision because the defense is up in his grill we are in serious trouble...This offense or any other starts with the five up front.  For the first three seconds of each play those guys have to do their job or nothing else will work period !!!!

RWR !!!!

Seems like everyone agrees that OL is a a reoccurring problem for us.

So, I'll ask a couple of questions again:

1. Why hasn't there been any coaching change?

2. Why would we go to an offense that is even more reliant on the OL?

TIA

I seriously think you need to ask Gaddis. Go see him and just ask HIM these questions! I actually agreed with you about question #2 UNTIL I googled some questions about the offense. I found an article that describes what you look for in every position. I was surprised when it came to the line. I think you would be too. It makes sense to me now.

I seriously think you need to ask Gaddis. Go see him and just ask HIM these questions! I actually agreed with you about question #2 UNTIL I googled some questions about the offense. I found an article that describes what you look for in every position. I was surprised when it came to the line. I think you would be too. It makes sense to me now.

You have repeatedly talked about our lack of explosive RB's & weak OL. I don't need to Google anything to realize that this offense needs both of those groups to be better than what we have. We couldn't run last year, when we had a better OL against 5 in the box in our last game. Now, we've invited more people in the box while simultaneously moving what should be our best blocker (Middleton) out wide. It literally makes no sense.

I just Googled & found videos of people cliff diving. That doesn't make it a good idea. Hopefully, our coaches aren't getting offensive ideas from Google, videos, or "Offense for Dummies" books. However, I don't believe any of them have coached this offense before, so that could be the case.

You have repeatedly talked about our lack of explosive RB's & weak OL. I don't need to Google anything to realize that this offense needs both of those groups to be better than what we have. We couldn't run last year, when we had a better OL against 5 in the box in our last game. Now, we've invited more people in the box while simultaneously moving what should be our best blocker (Middleton) out wide. It literally makes no sense.

I just Googled & found videos of people cliff diving. That doesn't make it a good idea. Hopefully, our coaches aren't getting offensive ideas from Google, videos, or "Offense for Dummies" books. However, I don't believe any of them have coached this offense before, so that could be the case.

After reading your post I now realize how stupid I've been and I agree with you. I'll help you lead the charge to have DA Gaddis fired. He's coaching via Google and we can't have that. I can't imagine how Gaddis has been able to win anywhere without you, but I guess he had someone on Coacht helping him at all the places he's coached. Nonetheless, let's rid ourselves of him and his "Google Offense"!