Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

I love success and I don't think my post was negative. We must be at least a little realistic. My goodness....your post is hard to believe. But I hope you're right and I'm wrong

Not so much negative on this post. Just realistic with the "it can't happen" slant. You have to admit that you do start many posts with "I'm scared of......". Still good to be among loyal fans.

I follow track as much as I follow football. Unfortunately, I don't know of any track athletes who have gotten full rides. In the NCAA, track has 12.6 scholarships at fully funded schools, and they have to spread that around to every event group including cross country. Hardy is one of the better sprinters in the area, and he's one of the better jumpers in the state, but I doubt there is a "full ride" for him anywhere, not because he's not deserving but because they just arent there.

I follow track as much as I follow football. Unfortunately, I don't know of any track athletes who have gotten full rides. In the NCAA, track has 12.6 scholarships at fully funded schools, and they have to spread that around to every event group including cross country. Hardy is one of the better sprinters in the area, and he's one of the better jumpers in the state, but I doubt there is a "full ride" for him anywhere, not because he's not deserving but because they just arent there.

I agree with you too

Unfortunately, this is so very true. In most cases there is additional money to be found to help supplement the partial scholarship. My family has been intimately involved seeing what money is available for soccer. Title IX is devastating for male athletes not football or basketball players.

Edited by OR nole

Unfortunately, this is so very true. In most cases there is additional money to be found to help supplement the partial scholarship. My family has been intimately involved seeing what money is available for soccer. Title IX is devastating for male athletes not football or basketball players.

We agree on that point too

SS, looks like I got hacked again. Won't take my user and password, Ha Ha. So, OakRidgeKat is now ORidgecat.

Nole, when will spring football start?

Coach Gaddis has had spring practice the last two years in May. I'd say that won't change in my opinion because of track and baseball. If he waits till then its a good chance some of those guys will be able to come out for spring.