Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

Ahh they got a big ole BAND to fund up there, but Eastman does give to all the schools up there unlike a certain unnamed industry here in town that doesn't give to anyone but their own pockets.

Yeah, from my understanding the plants here have never given to the football program. I am not sure the amount of truth to that, but that's what my daddy told me and he would know being he has worked for ORNL for 35 years. At least ORNL hasn't.

If Joe gets his way we'll have artificial turf but I don't know what bank he's gonna rob! There's no industry here anymore, at least none big enough to donate any kind of money.

I being a builder and developer have always been told to stay out of Oak Ridge at all cost because it was run by educated idiots that worked for Oak Ridge that set the bar so high regarding building that it was not worth the trouble. Driving around the place it appears most of the housing is in rotten shape and that only attracts bad apples. I can understand why they don't have any money there because you can't get blood from a dry turnip. Until that turns around things are doomed in my opinion. Maryville went through a major growing spurt about twenty years ago and has a lot to do with what your seeing now regarding the sports program.

I being a builder and developer have always been told to stay out of Oak Ridge at all cost because it was run by educated idiots that worked for Oak Ridge that set the bar so high regarding building that it was not worth the trouble. Driving around the place it appears most of the housing is in rotten shape and that only attracts bad apples. I can understand why they don't have any money there because you can't get blood from a dry turnip. Until that turns around things are doomed in my opinion. Maryville went through a major growing spurt about twenty years ago and has a lot to do with what your seeing now regarding the sports program.

Smh, Barn Barn Barn.

I have lived here my whole life, except for 4 years I was in the Navy and I actually lived in Maryville for a few years. OR has its bad parts like any town (including Maryville), but to say most of the housing is in rotten shape is pretty misinformed. Crime is way down in OR in recent memory, we have some of the best public schooling in the state (top 5 to be exact), our basketball team is coming off of a runner-up spot in last years basketball tournament, our football team is coming off of a 12-1 season( not every team can win every single year like Maryville), and we have 2 high profiled recruits on our football team (Higgins & Middleton), and our basketball team is 26-2 and ranked #1 in the state. if you see that as things being doomed than bring on the daggum doom.

Edited by SweetScience

Definitely been in the wrong neighborhoods. Oak Ridge has some sweeeeeeeet cribs in the right places.

I want to ask you guys from Oak Ridge a question? Last fall when we played O.R. in a scrimmage game I stopped at a Buddy's BQ and read a newspaper they had posted on the wall of a picture of a planned football stadium over there and it looked real nice. What are the plans on that happening. I know the seating on the visitor side happened more because of safety reasons than being planned but I remember watching them talk on the news that it was going to break the bank to do that so I didn't know what the future plans were on this stadium I read about.

The dreamed proposed stadium is the picture in my profile to the left. It is a renovation to the existing hillside. I have no idea how to load the photo into my message.

I guess the Dish Network bucks aren't coming?

Edited by OR nole

I have lived here my whole life, except for 4 years I was in the Navy and I actually lived in Maryville for a few years. OR has its bad parts like any town (including Maryville), but to say most of the housing is in rotten shape is pretty misinformed. Crime is way down in OR in recent memory, we have some of the best public schooling in the state (top 5 to be exact), our basketball team is coming off of a runner-up spot in last years basketball tournament, our football team is coming off of a 12-1 season( not every team can win every single year like Maryville), and we have 2 high profiled recruits on our football team (Higgins & Middleton), and our basketball team is 26-2 and ranked #1 in the state. if you see that as things being doomed than bring on the daggum doom.

I'm talking about the funds to build your stadium not your record. Growth is how you are able to get those funds. There was a story done by channel 10 three years ago about the population was the same as it's been there for years. There must be a reason people don't want to stay there.2djqql2.jpg

I'm talking about the funds to build your stadium not your record. Growth is how you are able to get those funds. There was a story done by channel 10 three years ago about the population was the same as it's been there for years. There must be a reason people don't want to stay there.2djqql2.jpg

I'm happy here. That's all I care about. You just stay there in good ole Maryville. They can have you. Enough debbie downers out there as it is.

I'm happy here. That's all I care about. You just stay there in good ole Maryville. They can have you. Enough debbie downers out there as it is.

I'm not a Debbie Downer. I enjoy visiting there when I go. I was just curious about the stadium thing and  what the actions that had been on it. i would love to see you all do well and have nice things especially if they made the effort to get Gaddis back to help bring O.R. back to it's former glory. When there's no growth some cities will do anything for money such as red light camera's.