Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

I want to ask you guys from Oak Ridge a question? Last fall when we played O.R. in a scrimmage game I stopped at a Buddy's BQ and read a newspaper they had posted on the wall of a picture of a planned football stadium over there and it looked real nice. What are the plans on that happening. I know the seating on the visitor side happened more because of safety reasons than being planned but I remember watching them talk on the news that it was going to break the bank to do that so I didn't know what the future plans were on this stadium I read about.

I know what you're talking about Barney. I don't see it ever happening.

I do like the location of the field they play on now and I guess they think because it's poured into a hillside that it won't ever fall down but time does destroy all structures that are not preserved and I could see the signs of an older stadium not in it's best of day's when I was there last fall. We had a similar stadium at one of the Blount County Schools (Porter) that was built in the mid sixties that had to be destroyed because of the school system let it go to pot. I'm sure the visitor side at O.R. must of went unattended the same way. Anyway i was just hoping you guys would get a new place after seeing that paper.

I do like the location of the field they play on now and I guess they think because it's poured into a hillside that it won't ever fall down but time does destroy all structures that are not preserved and I could see the signs of an older stadium not in it's best of day's when I was there last fall. We had a similar stadium at one of the Blount County Schools (Porter) that was built in the mid sixties that had to be destroyed because of the school system let it go to pot. I'm sure the visitor side at O.R. must of went unattended the same way. Anyway i was just hoping you guys would get a new place after seeing that paper.

I don't see OR ever getting a new place and leaving The Ship. That's blasphemous talk to the OR homers Barn. You better tread lightly.

Their isn't anything going to fall down haha. We got brand new visitors side seating. We need a bit of work still on the locker rooms and home seating, but other than that I wouldn't trade our little stadium for another one in the state that I've been to. Perfect little cozy setting. I'm biased though. To me its better than the Cowboys stadium.