Henry County 2015

ToBeHonest

Updates from last night?

After a very good morning session for both Dyersburg and HC, several players from both teams suffered cramps(late in the morning the heat index rose almost to the TSSAA limit).Because of the  heat, the evening session was delayed until 8PM.An unusual storm flew in from the Northeast with high winds, lightening and rain.Because of the weather each team only had one offensive series.The Patriot defense held Dyersburg very well. during that part of the scrimmage. Dyersburg  held our offense pretty well but we did have three pretty nice runs including a thing of beauty that ended the event as the storm arrived.Dyersburg has a very nice team with some really good looking athletes and will do well this year.I came away feeling real good about our Patriots.

GO BIG RED

After a very good morning session for both Dyersburg and HC, several players from both teams suffered cramps(late in the morning the heat index rose almost to the TSSAA limit).Because of the heat, the evening session was delayed until 8PM.An unusual storm flew in from the Northeast with high winds, lightening and rain.Because of the weather each team only had one offensive series.The Patriot defense held Dyersburg very well. during that part of the scrimmage. Dyersburg held our offense pretty well but we did have three pretty nice runs including a thing of beauty that ended the event as the storm arrived.Dyersburg has a very nice team with some really good looking athletes and will do well this year.I came away feeling real good about our Patriots.

GO BIG RED

Thanks for the detailed response. Keep us updated on the preseason. I can't make it to much of preseason activities because of other obligations but I'm very interested in how they're progressing.

After a very good morning session for both Dyersburg and HC, several players from both teams suffered cramps(late in the morning the heat index rose almost to the TSSAA limit).Because of the  heat, the evening session was delayed until 8PM.An unusual storm flew in from the Northeast with high winds, lightening and rain.Because of the weather each team only had one offensive series.The Patriot defense held Dyersburg very well. during that part of the scrimmage. Dyersburg  held our offense pretty well but we did have three pretty nice runs including a thing of beauty that ended the event as the storm arrived.Dyersburg has a very nice team with some really good looking athletes and will do well this year.I came away feeling real good about our Patriots.

GO BIG RED

As a Trojan thanks for letting us know how we did.

Will the spinning dome be in play tonight after touchdowns?  Haven't heard anyone say for sure. Heard there was some problem cooling the nuclear reactor that drives it.  

Any information would be appreciated.

We'll be on the practice field tonight !

GO BIG RED

I'm curious to know if and how many players HC was missing when they scrimmaged Beech back in the spring?

If I recall correctly, the newspaper said we were missing 21 total during the spring due to injuries and other sports. Olddevil said about 10 of them were/are big time contributors. I was unable to see us at all during spring so I don't personally know who all was out. 

We had a nice crowd on hand for both scrimmages today, and HC certainly didn't disappoint on the field!

The freshmen are a very nice looking bunch. A couple of those kids will be absolute studs when they hit the varsity. I don't remember the exact score, but it was heavily in HC's favor. Some very nice looking linemen and #7 was a beast on both sides of the ball. He could probably tote the ball for the varsity this year if we needed him to. Several other very nice looking athletes as well and the QB was impressive. I agree with olddevil they will be a fun group to follow over the next 4 years.

The varsity had a very nice showing as well. Started a little sluggish but it didn't take them long to get things rolling. At my last count it was 25-0 in HC's favor (3 touchdowns, 1 field goal, and a 2 pt conversion). Someone feel free to correct that score if it's wrong. Offensively, what stood out to me was the sheer number of players we have who can run the football. There were at least 4 or 5, and that's not including the QB's. At times I wished I'd had a roster so I could see who everyone was. Speaking of the QB's, I really liked what I saw there. Both Stewart and McCutcheon bring a great deal of athleticism to the fold. McCutcheon's long TD run was a beauty. And both of them showed they can throw it if they need to.

The defense played very well. Milan had a nice drive to start the scrimmage but the D held them out and they didn't give the Bulldogs much room to work with afterwards. As expected the D-Line was very impressive. Really the front 7 as a whole was. Secondary wasn't tested much. Special teams had some hiccups but it's still early.

All in all it was really hard not to like what you saw tonight. Our scrimmage with the defending Division II state champion MBA will tell us a lot more.

I'm just glad football is back!! Go PATS!!