Henry County 2015

ToBeHonest

VERY pleasantly surprised on Friday night. I may have miscounted as well, but I thought it ended up 31-0. Really, the key to the story was that Milan had one good series and the rest were stopped by our Defense. Offense built a ton of confidence! I was very happy to see this. And to go along with your assessment MSU, our freshmen looked impressive. I'm excited to see how we look against the gold standard this Friday. It will tell us alot I believe...

VERY pleasantly surprised on Friday night. I may have miscounted as well, but I thought it ended up 31-0. Really, the key to the story was that Milan had one good series and the rest were stopped by our Defense. Offense built a ton of confidence! I was very happy to see this. And to go along with your assessment MSU, our freshmen looked impressive. I'm excited to see how we look against the gold standard this Friday. It will tell us alot I believe...

I'm remembering the shellacking we took in the preseason last year at the hands of MBA. Although I think we are a little bit farther along in our development this year I wonder if we are this early up to such a challenge as MBA offers. I am convinced,  though, that good competition can only make us better. Wondering where our new kicker was last Friday. - he has the potential to be a game changer.

GO BIG RED

I'm remembering the shellacking we took in the preseason last year at the hands of MBA. Although I think we are a little bit farther along in our development this year I wonder if we are this early up to such a challenge as MBA offers. I am convinced,  though, that good competition can only make us better. Wondering where our new kicker was last Friday. - he has the potential to be a game changer.

GO BIG RED

Yes, last year wasn't pretty. But the year before (2013) we most certainly held our own at their house. And that year we were expecting to have a very strong defense, much like this year. So I am looking forward to this year's test.

How is the QB situation panning out?

It is still a work in progress,  SEC. All three are sophs and all are making good progress. Each has a different set of skills and the potential to lead the Pats.I suspect that all will get playing time. MBA today with both varsity and frosh.

GO BIG RED

Thanks olddevil. Anybody that goes to the scrimmage, give us updates when you can. Thanks.

Got in very late  last night and didn't have the energy or heart to write about the MBA scrimmage. I think that MBA is very good, maybe better than last year. Their replacement QBs are developing nicely though still lacking the accuracy of Euverard

last year;s gem of a QB.They were able to pick our secondary apart often enough. Their O-line is huge and talented and their RB is a D1 talent.The one bright spot for HC was the difficulty they had running against us. Our offense never got untracked against their ones but came to life against their backups. Some costly turnovers added to our frustration and caused the final score to be more one sided ( 40 ish to 14 I think ) Our problems can and will be corrected and I doubt that we will face anyone else this year as good as "the West End boys." I still feel good about this team and expect good things from them.  Now, it's on to the Jamboree and Paducah Tilghman.

GO BIG RED