Creek Wood Coaching Opening

Stewart Co. has a lot of potential. I hope coach F stays over there and continues to build. They have traditionally played 2nd fiddle to the Montgomery Co. schools in the media and need a little continuity over there. I really think the folks of Stewart Co. would go absolutely nuts if they had a booty kicking football program that made a few consecutive playoff runs. If coach F stays over there this story will be continued later...........................

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stewart Co. has a lot of potential. I hope coach F stays over there and continues to build. They have traditionally played 2nd fiddle to the Montgomery Co. schools in the media and need a little continuity over there. I really think the folks of Stewart Co. would go absolutely nuts if they had a booty kicking football program that made a few consecutive playoff runs. If coach F stays over there this story will be continued later...........................

I hope Finley stays put at Stewart County and he

Has said he is. Only time will tell. I agree that if he wins the first playoff game in

History for the Rebels then he will become a celebrity in a town that wants a winner.

I happen to believe that he will be the man that gets it done. His players like him

And are buying in. How long will it take?

• 2 weeks later...
From Creek Wood Website..

Football Head Coach Timeline

11.24 – 12.15 Open application through DCBE & TSSAA

12.15 – 12.19 Administrative team picks 10-12 candidates to

interview, Make contact with candidates to set up interview

date

1.5 – 1.16 Extensive interview with each of the 10-12

candidates Narrow down to 4-6 candidates

1.19 – 1.23 Panel interview with finalists (students, teachers,

parents) with rubric scoring 

1.26 Administrative team assess results and

determines if final interviews needed

1.27 – 1.30 Final interviews (if needed)

Recommendation sent to HR and DoS

Communication and marketing plan for

announcement with HR and DoS

2.2 Announcement & official press release event

Who are the final interviews?

I believe it's one interview where the four candidates will be questioned at the same time in a room together. I have heard the school's current DC, a former head coach at the newest CMCSS school, a current OC from a Bedford County school, and a current assistant coach in MNPS who was previously a head coach for a "very brief" period of time in Cheatham County.

Edited by LBD

Shane Goodwin at West Creek (CMCSS)? Jakobic (sp)? He left Cheatham County in a very bad spot. CHeatham has not recovered. Not sure who the OC from Maury COunty would be. I thought someone told me it may be a guy from Bedford County. I think the Coach at Creekwood is Hatley. That timeline is crazy. Having all 4 candidates in the room at the same time may be even crazier.

Shane Goodwin at West Creek (CMCSS)? Jakobic (sp)? He left Cheatham County in a very bad spot. CHeatham has not recovered. Not sure who the OC from Maury COunty would be. I thought someone told me it may be a guy from Bedford County. I think the Coach at Creekwood is Hatley. That timeline is crazy. Having all 4 candidates in the room at the same time may be even crazier.

It is a Bedford County school. I need to brush up on my geography. It was a school that went deep in the state playoffs this past season before falling to an eventual state runner up from MNPS.

Crabtree is not a finalist. Tomlinson is not a finalist. Finley is not a finalist. Barger is not a finalist. Patterson is not a finalist. (All have been mentioned on this topic)

Best wishes to the Red Hawks on their coaching search.

Edited by LBD