CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

Sir, Mr. Stewart should have taken his chance and sat down with the kid from NCS that Jernigan whipped this past Friday night to gain a few extra pointers because he is going to need them in a bad, way. #55 will be wanting oxygen by the end of the 1st quarter and begging for a rest. He to will also find out that high school is not match to college but playing Union City will be the next closes thing...lol. The kid ( #55 Stewart ) from C F we know is good and won the Mr. Football Award back to back but Union City kids have their eye on something the Stewart kid wishes he could win and won't, Back to Back GOLD ( Team ) Footballs. he will find out Friday morning when he goes up against the toughest line he has faced since being in high school. Just ask the other 90% people on here who aren't from Union City, saw the NCS or any other game. They will tell you a buzz saw is in your path of a state championship.

I seriously doubt that the UC line is better than the Catholic or Notre Dame line. And "the Stewart kid" done just fine against them.

So JDOGG80, you basically think Stewart sucks and the Tennessee coaching staff is stupid for giving him scholarship.

If that's true, than that's awesome, I'll look forward to watching and knowing where he came from. Go Vols!

Btw, you coalfield fans enjoy it. I know I did when we went. As for the players(and make no mistake they do read this stuff), you are about to partake in something many have never gotten to. None of your past teams. No matter what happens you will forever be celebrities in your home town. And take pride in that, because you are playing for all of those who worked hard but never made it to this point.

Good luck to both teams! I can only imagine how it feels to play for a state title.

If that's true, than that's awesome, I'll look forward to watching and knowing where he came from. Go Vols!

Btw, you coalfield fans enjoy it. I know I did when we went. As for the players(and make no mistake they do read this stuff), you are about to partake in something many have never gotten to. None of your past teams. No matter what happens you will forever be celebrities in your home town. And take pride in that, because you are playing for all of those who worked hard but never made it to this point.

Good luck to both teams! I can only imagine how it feels to play for a state title.

Best post on this entire thread.

Congratulations to Zach Stewart on winning 1A Mr. Football - lineman.  Also, congratulations need to go to UC's two finalist Jernigan & Henry.  

I watched highlights of the Yellow Jackets.  Stewart & Bible are very impressive young men on the field.  Stewart had some very good blocks on the video I watched.  Bible has some elusiveness to him & a good arm as well.  The Yellow Jackets run the pistol offense pretty well.

I've watched UC in person a couple of times this season & their triple option veer is so tough to stop.

Stewart & whomever UC puts in front of him will be a fun matchup to watch.  

But, it is a team game & Union City looks to have the better team.  We'll know for sure on Friday.

There have been countless debates on the subject and they are every where on this 1A board. I am not explaining it all again. If you want a better answer go through these pages or look for your answer elsewhere. I will only say this. There are 3 schools in Obion County- Union City 1A, South Fulton 1A and Obion County Central who is moving up to 5A next season. It is open zoning in our county and the parents choose where their kids go to school. I don't know why so many kids from the city limits get on a bus every day and go to OCC. IT could be because UC is a Magnet School and the curriculum is harder or for any one of a thousand reasons. If you want to know more then go find it.

That move to 5a will be tough for OCC considering the teams you beat by 40 are beating them by 30.

That move to 5a will be tough for OCC considering the teams you beat by 40 are beating them by 30.

I don't understand the problem at OCC. I truly don't. There are 1200 kids in that school and only about 40 on the team. I was told by people who are in the program that they will be 5A next season. It will be a very bad move for them. 1A teams blow them out right now. If I could put my finger on anything I would say there is far too much politics down there. Former players who have their sons playing now get in the way. They are constantly causing problems for any coach who won't play their kids in the position that the parents want them to play. Example. The current coach moved a kid from the QB spot, which was without a doubt the best choice, and moved him to fullback. The offense improved a tremendous amount. The backlash from that was unbelievable. Anyone could see it was the best move to make. I'm so glad that when Coach Bowling came to UC he made it plain that he didn't care who was who that the best players would play. We saw about a 30% drop in the players on the team. So yeah until the parents get out of the way there will never be successful football played at OCC.

OK..... :rolleyes: and what was your score for MC vs. GCA? You were a little off on that one too. Look, I wholeheartedly agree Stewart won't have much chance to effect the outcome because UC obviously has multiple linemen that he won't account for....after all Bass....he is just one guy. But one on one he will win most of his battles up front. I'm sure Jernigan is a fine player as well, but he isn't likely to affect the outcome either......call it a stalemate if you will but you seriously undervalue Mr. Football.

Oh yeah, he won that award this morning? Hmmmm......your move expert!

kaz

Kind sir, I never predicted a score for Marion County vs Grace. You won't win a debate with me. Haven't you heard? I'm a politician. LMBO

Wouldn't expect you to say anything different

You get your panties in a wad too easily. I've seen both of these kids play. My opinion is Jernigan will be the best overall lineman on the field this Friday. I never said Stewart wasn't a good player. He's going to TN and has tremendous potential with his sure size. There can be a difference in being a great high school player and a college prospect. Size is the main thing they look for in a linemen. Stewart has more overall size than Jernigan. In my opinion he may eventually play OL for Tennessee, but they will need to work on his quickness. He has the tools and will have the resources in Knoxville to be good.

I'm a Tennessee fan and a UC fan. The Tennessee fan wants Stewart to be as good as advertised while the UC fan wants the Tornadoes to be able to handle him. Jernigan, whose grandfather(football) and father(track) were both Tennessee Vols, will probably get that assignment. The last 2 years he has taken on the Givens kid(Ole Miss commitment) from NCS and clearly whipped him on both sides of the line in both games. Remarkable for a young man trying to finish his senior year on 2 bad knees. I haven't seen Stewart play so I have to assume he's really good. We'll all know Friday. If we can't handle him with 1 man, we'll use 2, but we won't change what we do. This battle might turn out to be the best part of the game.

Both teams have earned the right to play in this game and deserve the respect of the other. Fans from both schools should support their team without minimizing the accomplishments of the other. Let both teams savor the moment.