CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

Congratulations to Coalfield on getting over ths Semi final hump.Getting to this game is a huge accomplishment.The team in front of you is no ordinary 1A team,so work hard this week and whatever the outcome this will be a memory to talk out for yrs to come.This may be the last chance a team as small as CHS and GB ever have of making it.Hopefully UC will not try to embarrass you all and let up to keep it respectful.

They won't do that to them. Once Union City gets the clock running and the mercy rule in effect, Bowling will let us and start to sub. This game will be as bad as Coach Henry wants it to be. If Coalfield does a lot of passing in the first half and the clock stops a lot. Well then, all bets are off because Union City will get it that much more. Edited by TheAmbassador

I don't know anything about Coalfield other than they have a good running back by the name of Bible. I would really like to talk to the CF posters. I don't know who they are because we have never played before. I would like to know what type of offense you run and who are your standouts. I want to talk about our game. I'm not one to come onto the T and pop off unless someone really asks for it. So you won't be reading any posts of mine that say that I think we have this one in the bag. I remember back in 09 when no one in the state gave us a chance of beating SP for the Title. In the end we got out of Cookeville with a Gold Ball and a 2 point win. So if there are some CF posters who want to talk to me about this game and how they think things will go I would like that. There are plenty of opinions about this game already but I think most are coming from outside posters. So come on CF supporters, talk to me.

They have a little offensive tackle by the name Stewart that ain't bad. He received a verbal offer from a little d-1 school called the University of Tennessee. . . as a sophomore. He's a senior now & is going to said school next year. That being said UC is the heavily favored team in this matchup.

Also Coalfield in in Morgan county & that is an open zoned county. Go to whichever school you want but if you play varsity sports and transfer during or after the start of your freshman year the you must sit 1 year unless legitimate change of physical address is proven.

In all my years of following football at all levels this is the one matchup that I can say not only do I absolutely 100 % know who the winner will be I know 100% that the loser is going to be totally and absolutely defeated and overmatched in all aspects of this game. These teams are so mismatched that being overconfident, fumble 5 or 6 times or have 5 or 6 starters benched this will be a mercy rule game by half. BTW congrats Coalfield for making it here because we didn't and I wonder how much knowing what the East would face at Cookeville may have played a part in all our Psyche. You can look up that word.

Edited by pegleg

In all my years of following football at all levels this is the one matchup that I can say not only do I absolutely 100 % know who the winner will be I know 100% that the loser is going to be totally and absolutely defeated and overmatched in all aspects of this game. These teams are so mismatched that being overconfident, fumble 5 or 6 times or have 5 or 6 starters benched this will be a mercy rule game by half. BTW congrats Coalfield for making it here because we didn't and I wonder how much knowing what the East would face at Cookeville may have played a part in all our Psyche. You can look up that word.

LMBO, good post PegLeg. You're right. Union City is justin absolute animal. Look what they did to the 2A team representing the west. This same 2A team from Trenton put 35 plus on Adamsville and TCA.

Union City = Beast

So now CF is there because no one else tried because they didn't want to face union city?

So now CF is there because no one else tried because they didn't want to face union city?

He was being funny. Coalfield is there because they were the best team in a very weak east this season. They beat the teams they needed to beat in order to make it to this point. It was a great run and great to see a fellow, small, rural school make it. Last year's Coalfield team was much stronger than this one and they would be completely overmatched. Every once in awhile a special team comes along. Union City is one of those teams.