CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

I want to interject something here. I am a faithful UC supporter and I believe in our boys but I'm not counting CF out. We are going to prepare for a fight. Just like the Jackets will. Both teams earned their way to Cookeville and both will have to play their best to win. I remember 09 when no one gave UC a chance of beating SP. I don't want the same thing happening here. I want CF to bring the best game they have and the same for my Tornadoes. I honestly don't know anything about Coalfield but I want a good contest for this game. So having said that Go Tornadoes.

A couple of the SP teams are in Union City's category. 1998, 1999, 2007 were all very dominant teams that are in the same category as this Union City team. SP teams in 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013? No, they wouldnt get mercy ruled by this Union City team, but they couldn't beat them either. I would take this Union City team by 3-4 TDs over any SP team since 2007.

What about that 2010 team? They had mercy rule win in the state title game that year. I remember the beat down they put on coalfield that year and was impressed.

What about that 2010 team? They had mercy rule win in the state title game that year. I remember the beat down they put on coalfield that year and was impressed.

That 2010 SP team wasn't great by any means. The 2010 State Championship was due in large part to a weak field. Jo Byrns wasn't near the animal these other teams have been out west. That team SP had also was mercy ruled that season by Polk County and beaten by Signal Mtn. SP honestly has had 20 teams better than our 2010 team.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it's hard for me to pull for Coalfield.  Got a few bad memories associated with them.  I don't hate Coalfield....I just don't choose to pull for them.  I actually befriended a few UC boys....especially Nick...even though he ran over us like a bulldozer.  However, none of that really matters.  UC wins this one by as much as they want.