Blue Cross Bowl: Ravenwood vs Maryville

BigDave1967

Hey all you that have already given up on Maryville in the second quarter.  Have you been following the Rebels very long?  Cool your jets a little guys.

Visionary or just someone who knows GQ and watched this program? Both! Govman, this post was very timely. Thanks for all your support for the BC teams and kids.

Ravenwood ... wow , everybody was totally wrong about you guys , what an Awesome team , and what a bunch of Classy Coaches , Players , and Fans you guys had . I believe RavenWood may have been the Classiest team we've ever played in the State Championship game . They reminded me a lot of Siegel in 2012 . As I was leaving the Stadium , I ended up being right in the Middle of a huge crowd of Ravenwood students . I actually felt terrible for them and was trying to think of something to say to console them , but just didn't know what to say . If ever another team deserved the Championship Trophy more , I can't think of them . Thank you Ravenwood Fans , Coaches and all the Players for being a part of one of the greatest State Championship games Played in Tennessee .

Maryville Coaches and Players .... WOW !! I swear being a Maryville fan you can't help but think you've been in a fantasy dream these last 16 years or so . Just when you think you've seen it all , Maryville comes up with another Miracle again and again . These Coaches and Players apparently NEVER ... and I mean NEVER think they are Beat . There were so many heroes in this game Like TD Blackmon , Richie Koons , Dylan Jackson .... but the entire Team not losing their belief was the Real Hero last night . What a Privilege it is to be a Maryville fan and to be able to watch these Coaches and Kids continue to work miracle after Miracle . Any Maryville fan who was watching last night and thought the Game was over when it was 28-7 just hasn't been paying attention , I will always believe in this team until the last second ticks off .

Front runner Dave ... it was hilarious watching you go from saying Maryville looks bad , Maryville can't stop anything to WE this WE that when Maryville came back . "We" had no problem accepting congratulations after the game was over , but "WE" was no where to be found when "WE" were down . Please do us all a big favor and stick with your other Dozen teams you pull for ( when they're winning )

I agree with Pepvol .. I mean Pep says "we"when referring to the UT vols and look how much of an embarrassment they are.

Doesn't matter was one of the best games I have watched in a long time . Congrats to Maryville .. The more I see GQ talk the more I like who he is as a man and coach.

Baylorbigdog is done for the year. Time to move on to watching my boys play basketball . Good luck to everyone . Have a safe year. See you guys next year

You were Spot on what you said about Ravenwood before the game BigDog ... Enjoy watching your boys play Basketball , and look forward to seeing you again next year . 

Thanks pep ...I really enjoyed the game. It was fun to watch Maryville adjust and fight their way back into the game. I knew you guys were not out of it after the first quarter. I would rank that one right up there with some of the best HS football I have watched .....there is a lot of heart ache in williamson county this am but both teams should be proud of what they accomplished this year. I'll hang out and comment here and there .. Another year gone by far too quickly.

You were Spot on what you said about Ravenwood before the game BigDog ... Enjoy watching your boys play Basketball , and look forward to seeing you again next year .

Thanks for your input. I respect your posts. I can't disagree with anything you said except the mindset of your team plays a role that cannot be measured statistically. I never debated probability of the conversion. This is, however, not NFL or college football and obviously many coaches do go for two including BA with their hippo package or any other team that uses the same package. Mark Dodson converted for Whitehaven against Maryville in 2012. I don't condemn Coach Hester for making the call. They did what got them there. Many others would be tempted to go for the win and statistically speaking its a 50/50 shot. Good luck with your boys in basketball and God Bless.

No you are wrong ..it does not matter one bit what happened during the game ... Not one bit. The only way you would go for two in that instance is you have no kicker. With a championsjp on the line you play on . If they beat you in 4 ots great and I would be on here saying the same thing if they completed the pass. Go back and look at the play and how many people Maryville had around van .. not a high probability call nor a high probability play ... Period

I watched the game with 2 coaches both played for sec schools - one for Bear Bryant. And 2 others who played college or Nfl. Not a person in the room agrees with you, including me . I don't need to be right on this matter .. No skin in the game just makes no sense esp on this level ..

BA has something called a heavy package to run 2 point conversions . They stacked the right side of the line with 3 huge linemen 6'6 290- 6'6 285- 6'4 300. All 3 going to SEC schools ...They add two running backs 6'2 300 ( both d1 ) and piece and snapped the ball to a 6'3 310 pound lineman ( Georgia tech) who can run. Even their hippo package did not have the success of an extra point . 50% for the year. It's math and probability .. Nothing more.

Doesn't matter was one of the best games I have watched in a long time . Congrats to Maryville .. The more I see GQ talk the more I like who he is as a man and coach.

Baylorbigdog is done for the year. Time to move on to watching my boys play basketball . Good luck to everyone . Have a safe year. See you guys next year

Edited by TheRealTruth