Blue Cross Bowl: Ravenwood vs Maryville

BigDave1967

Barney,

Let me ask you a question and I want you to answer honestly. If the shoe were on the other foot and WB was going undefeated and winning state every year would you be rooting for them? I highly doubt it..

Gov, Barney couldn't go to a WB game. You'd send him home for complaining. You would tell Barney "there's no chikfila, but we have pickles. Be thankful for the pickles" "burnt pizza is better than no pizza" "visitors score doesn't work, but the home side does. Anyone can see that one score is better than no scores"

I always like to read the other teams local paper before and after games. I think the Wilco paper is just part of the Tennessean like Blount Today used to be for the KNS, but there was a nice article and some real complimentary comments from Ravenwood and Maryville fans. I'm not real familiar with how the Nashville area is changing, but now I know why my brother and his family moved to Nolensville when they decided to move out of Davidson County. Like I said, if you see two little toeheaded boys in Maryville gear in Nolensville, it's just hand-me-downs from their Red Rebel cousins. 

Gov, Barney couldn't go to a WB game. You'd send him home for complaining. You would tell Barney "there's no chikfila, but we have pickles. Be thankful for the pickles" "burnt pizza is better than no pizza" "visitors score doesn't work, but the home side does. Anyone can see that one score is better than no scores"

Here is my complaint list as a visitor to William Blount this past season. The Jamboree was the first game and there was a line a mile long outside that missed most of the first game because someone should of had more people helping out taking money and getting those people in the game. That game should of been held up fifteen minutes at least knowing the awful situation outside. Really had no complaints regarding the high school game other than it being played on Thursday Night but I'm sure Maryville had as much to do with that as W.B.   Then the famous JV game the following Monday with the eight minute quarters which sent me over the edge. The real reason I was so upset about that had to do with someone I came to see and after William Blount used the whole first quarter up on an offensive drive I started to realize this game will be over before you know it. In the end all worked out great but it was unfair to the ones that don't see that much action which ever side your on. In all I'm just joking around with Gov trying to pull his chain and having some fun. I will say one thing good about a game there is that who ever cooks those hamburgers knows just where to set that grill to send the smoke a flying and how to draw in a hungry man.

Here is my complaint list as a visitor to William Blount this past season. The Jamboree was the first game and there was a line a mile long outside that missed most of the first game because someone should of had more people helping out taking money and getting those people in the game. That game should of been held up fifteen minutes at least knowing the awful situation outside. Really had no complaints regarding the high school game other than it being played on Thursday Night but I'm sure Maryville had as much to do with that as W.B. Then the famous JV game the following Monday with the eight minute quarters which sent me over the edge. The real reason I was so upset about that had to do with someone I came to see and after William Blount used the whole first quarter up on an offensive drive I started to realize this game will be over before you know it. In the end all worked out great but it was unfair to the ones that don't see that much action which ever side your on. In all I'm just joking around with Gov trying to pull his chain and having some fun. I will say one thing good about a game there is that who ever cooks those hamburgers knows just where to set that grill to send the smoke a flying and how to draw in a hungry man.

Yeah, I like pulling his chain too. Seems like a good guy. And it's hard to best a good hamburger at a football game. But barn, u got to let that jv game go. After all "8 minutes is better than 6 minutes"

I watched all the games this weekend, and those two teams playing Saturday night were without question the best of the weekend...talent and coaching...MBA and Ensworth didn't look as good as those two teams.  It was an amazing game to watch...easily the best title game we've seen in years.  Congrats to Maryville and Ravenwood....of course I just wish the game had been played in Nashville where a huge walk-up crowd would have shown up (myself included) to watch that one.

I will be very surprised if Fulton is within 4 TDs of Maryville next year....JMO, of course.

Ravenwood has a better team than it got ranked. Oakland and Blackman in the top five and after watching Fulton in the State Championship and the carter game on tape they would slide out of the top five I'm sure. Not sure they could come close to Oakland and Blackman or Ravenwood.

His as many rankings are a joke, to many buy in to these type of things, the bottom line is teams need to play then you see who is what, just like Ravenwood, they are much better then a couple of the teams in front of them but until they play the argument stands to allow Sonny Moore or who ever to say what ever. I for one don't pay any attention to power rankings as they have always shown to have their flaws when teams meet up, I think the teams should be ranked where they finish period, with that being said what's wrong with ranking like this...

Maryville

Ravenwood

West

Hillsboro

Fulton

Trez

CPA

Alcoa

and so on, these teams all made it further then any others, Sonny Moore is nothing more then all the rest playing off the emotions of others to make some money.