Blue Cross Bowl: Peabody vs Marion County

BigDave1967

Two totally different styles of play. This reminds me of the 2009 SP vs Union City game. SP was quick strike and Union City was grind it out. That didn't turn out so well for us.

At first look, that's the impression you get from Peabody...just that something doesn't add up. Quick strike offenses usually make for first half teams, then the defense adjust's to the speed/scheme/athleticism, or whatever they do so well that they score quickly, and the coaches also adjust defenses to counteract. Trenton has proven to be a second half team however, and you'd better have a whopping lead on them to hold it. Say what you will about Adamsville, they had no glaring weaknesses,they had controlled Peabody's speed, the line of scrimmage, and pretty much had the game going according to their gameplan, even the pass defense was very good...what happened? The big, deep, grind-it-out teams are supposed to wear out the greasy fast athletic teams and salt the game away with ball control. The Golden Tide instead got stronger and harder to tackle the longer the game went. If Peabody catches the early breaks and gets rolling Marion may be in trouble. Zeman looks great on film, but no way he gets to the edge, and if that huge line of A'ville couldn't give their backs holes on the interior to hit, I doubt the Warriors will have enough success between the tackles to keep up with Peabody on the scoreboard. Looks like plenty of rain Friday...might be the ingrediant other teams haven't had for a win against Trenton. 

Is it looking like rain early I hope it holdsoff last year was miserable in Cookeville ! PHS is a very well conditioned team! It is ironic that against Aville PHS wore them down ! The runs came much easier in the fourth quarter.This game will come down to the play in the trenchs as most do.Marion will live or die on the line of scrimmage no exception .If they get Zeeman going it will be a long day for us Tidemen! Dont count us out we cant even say the word quit!Roll Tide ! Big Black Attack!!!

Read option teams have historically gave us fits and we had some trouble against ccs to start the game this year. They were shut down after some adjustments, but all in all Ross knows how to run a defense. He will have a good scheme for Peabody, but whether the boys can execute is a different story. I still think Marion has to control the clock and hopefully force some turnovers to stay in this game. If we turn it over like we did this last Friday it will be 21-0 before you know it. We haven't faced a great passing team like we will Saturday, but normally we are in decent position. I am hoping for a monsoon. Warrior fans are going to meet at the square on Friday to perform a rain dance.

I will also say that Marion's conditioning program is second to none. The reason we were able to come back in the game this past Friday was conditioning. Sounds like neither team will run out of steam. I just hope we can get it into the fourth qtr. if there is a shoot out then the tide win, low scoring I like Mc's chances. The only thing is that Peabody hasn't had many low scoring games.

MC offense ain't no secret , grind grind and grind. For Peabody That number seven is an athlete to say the least. From the clips on unapproved website Try to pin him down and he can burn you with a long run. Blitz and he can thread that pass where it needs to be. Truly size with athleticism of this Peabody team will give MC a fit! Most clips focus on #7. What other players stand out for Peabody? I don't like sitting in the rain so I'm hoping Cookeville is as dry as Lynchburg Saturday! Like last week this game should be 4 qtrs and not for the weak at heart!

Coach Ricky Ross- eight straight region titles as defensive coordinator for Calhoun. Calhoun reached Georgia’s Class AA state title game five consecutive seasons, including a championship in 2011 with an upset of nationally-ranked Buford.

During a 29-game winning streak over the 2011-12 seasons, Calhoun’s defense allowed just five opponents to score more than 14 points.

Just a young defensive coordinator but his resume is nothing to scoff at.

I garuntee you it ain't as good as that woods man. That Ross man is 1-5 in the championship game. That it's worst than Grider. You think im joking but im not.

I garuntee you it ain't as good as that woods man. That Ross man is 1-5 in the championship game. That it's worst than Grider. You think im joking but im not.

I hope you are joking because you are comparing apples to oranges.

Ross was a coordinator, Grider head coach.

Ross was coaching against 2a georgia talent and nationally ranked teams.

Grider against 1A Tennessee talent and in most cases had the talent advantage.

Please explain to me how you can compare the two.

I hope you are joking because you are comparing apples to oranges.

Ross was a coordinator, Grider head coach.

Ross was coaching against 2a georgia talent and nationally ranked teams.

Grider against 1A Tennessee talent and in most cases had the talent advantage.

Please explain to me how you can compare the two.

I garuntee you that Ross man's record is 1-5 in the championship game. What part of that do you not understand? Grider was atleast 4-2 in the championship game. Im not joking either. Edited by Roy Dillard

I garuntee you that Ross man's record is 1-5 in the championship game. What part of that do you not understand? Grider was atleast 4-2 in the championship game. Im not joking either.

I'm not saying that Coach Ross is better than Coach Grider WAS. I am simply saying trying to compare their championship appearances is totally ludicrous. Ross didn't have full control over the teams that were in those championships.

Back to the game this one will be a fun one to watch!

It's been nice to come in here and breath fresh air this season. Much more sanity (aside from the usual diabetic fueled rants from Roy). Even OP is coherent once and a while. No BrainTracks, Living(Boeck'sNeighbor)Legend, and the sort. Keep up the good work.

Oh they have been here. They just seem to make cameo appearances. Where have you been all season?

I'm not saying that Coach Ross is better than Coach Grider WAS. I am simply saying trying to compare their championship appearances is totally ludicrous. Ross didn't have full control over the teams that were in those championships.

Back to the game this one will be a fun one to watch!

Yes, it should be a good one. It's going to be raining, but I'm sure you're still taking little bit aren't you? I hope your older one is doing well too. BTW, I was pulling for Blake yesterday.