Blue Cross Bowl: Peabody vs Marion County

BigDave1967

How big and physical is Trenton? It seems they allow a lot of points.

They allowed a lot of points against two of the top teams in the state...TCA and Adamsville. Nothing wrong with that. Those two teams scored 40 plus against everybody they played. Their defense is pretty stellar. They can make stops when needed.

Edited by TCAIntense

If you'll remember when Peabody played UC they didn't have their starting RB/LB which I'm not gonna say it's why they lost but we had a guy not used to playing in there and after talking to some of the players which I'm close with, they back up actually ran the wrong way, and the other two turn overs were just things they don't always happen with peabody, when given a longer field to work with Peabody was able to maintain some success against UC offense, I'm not saying peabody would have won this game but the score would have been a lot closer, they wouldn't of scored anywhere near 42, so before you discount the defense for giving up so many points, just think a little, UC on those drives had to go no more than 30 yards, and you can't do that with a team as good as them, no doubt they're better than Peabody but they're not 26 points better

How big and physical is Trenton? It seems they allow a lot of points.

To more accurately answer your question, they are not big by any stretch, but they are VERY physical and VERY quick. They have been the smaller line every week throughout the playoffs on both sides of the ball.

Some points of interest in regards to this Peabody.

The most resilient team Trenton has fielded in my 40+ years of watching.

The fastest West TN I have ever seen.

(Remember the surface in Cookeville)

No lead is safe after halftime.

Ricky Woods.

I saw some misinformed soul posted a score prediction with Trenton scoring 17. Come on man! They scored 16 on Union City, Marion is no Union City. Good luck keeping us below 40.

was hopin the Irish could survive Alcoa last night and Booger could see 2 games....but not all is lost.....My ole' Warriors have given Booger a trip to Cookeville anyway. ...What an amazing job the new coach has done with this program after the ridiculous mess the previous coaches left it in..... See ya Friday & Good luck Warriors :thumb:

I have thought all year that the west would win it all but I had TCA or Adamsville taking it. It says something about Peabody if they beat both of those teams. We are the underdogs no doubt but there are a couple of gold balls in our trophy case courtesy of West favorites. Let's just play it out. It's a great accomplishment to both teams to get to Cookeville.