Blue Cross Bowl: Knox West vs Hillsboro

BigDave1967

Those saying Hillsboro is horrible, overrated, or what have you are just showing your ignorance. How about just putting credit where it is due. They were out coached/schemed by the players and coaches of West.....

I picked Hillsboro in a close one b/c of how strong their defense has been all year, just look at the numbers.....

I even thought the 2-3 score predictions for Hillsboro were ridiculous. When I asked if West was better than last year, it was b/c they were very good and if they were better, they had a shot. NOT surprised 1 bit they won this game and even that they pulled away in the 2nd half.....

Despite how good Hillsboro's defense was, West's offensive scheme presented a different challenge than what they had seen all year, and that combined w/ the quick hitters and their speed was a deadly combo for the Borros.....

So w/ that said, CONGRATS TO WEST!!!, well deserved and a very fun game to watch.....

Edited by Kevin38

I would congratulate West on their win. It was well deserved. Now to address this post, Hillsboro is anything but awful considering the game they were playing in. Perry did plenty but as always, it takes 11 men every play and one player can't do it all. West had the better team and game plan. On any given Friday night that could easily change and being in the state championship is enough said. Anything else borders arrogance and unsportsmanlike conduct. 15 yard penalty buddy!

You're ignorant is indeniable. Accept it. We have 6 players going D1. Sorry You can't get a look.

Our defense won the game. There is a stupid poster on here that said keep attacking our secondary. We see how that turned out.

The weather benefited West's secondary. Hillsboro's was not made for those elements while West's offense was perfect if this type of weather hit.

To win big games you must overcome adversity, West did Hillsboro did not.

This one's classic.

You're ignorant is indeniable.

Great job by West. I'm sure it's incredibly satisfying after being contenders for a few years and coming oh so close last season. Congrats to both teams on advancing to the title game and especially to West for its fantastic finish. 

Congrats to West.. They played extremely well.. For the poster who said Hillsboro was awful, get a clue. The Burros didn't play well & the weather hampered their offensive style. West made the key plays when it mattered & played great defense. Phillips from Hillsboro had a bad shoulder injury & was far less then 100%. Congrats to West, they were the better team. Would have loved to seen this game in better conditions