Blue Cross Bowl: Knox West vs Hillsboro

BigDave1967

The weather benefited West's secondary. Hillsboro's was not made for those elements while West's offense was perfect if this type of weather hit.

To win big games you must overcome adversity, West did Hillsboro did not.

Agreed Gerry .. perfect weather for WEST ..I see a much closer game if dry and not raining .. alot closer game ... was impressed with the kids from Hillsboro though too .. #4 , #72 and others very classy kids who played to the final whistle ... Congrats to WEST on bringing back to K town .. felt for them last year .. felt like they should have won last year.. so the weather this year was poetic justice ...     

I can't say enough for all the love and support from other posters on here before and after the game! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

As for the game congrats to Hillsboro on a great season and a 14-1 record.

As for West what can u say but what an awesome team...#5 and #7 would not let this team lose and it showed. Also the defense played lights out and am very proud of them. Also, West had to beat 3 straight undefeated teams to win it all.

On my way home today from Cookeville

I can't say enough for all the love and support from other posters on here before and after the game! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

As for the game congrats to Hillsboro on a great season and a 14-1 record.

As for West what can u say but what an awesome team...#5 and #7 would not let this team lose and it showed. Also the defense played lights out and am very proud of them. Also, West had to beat 3 straight undefeated teams to win it all.

On my way home today from Cookeville

Very happy for you and the rest of the West Rebels nation. Great game last night. Your players, coaches, and fans represented your school and community very well. Hillsboro was a great opponent and both teams competed for 4 quarters. Congrats. to the seniors for finishing out a great high school career with a gold ball!

Congrats to West.. They played extremely well.. For the poster who said Hillsboro was awful, get a clue. The Burros didn't play well & the weather hampered their offensive style. West made the key plays when it mattered & played great defense. Phillips from Hillsboro had a bad shoulder injury & was far less then 100%. Congrats to West, they were the better team. Would have loved to seen this game in better conditions

I agree Hillsboro was not an awful team. The Burros saw a team that had more speed over all especially at the skill positions. I am glad that Hillsboro loses a ton of players for this next year.

Congrats to a well deserved Know West team.

Congrats to West but looking back over the post on here its comical reading them and realizing that the majority of the post had Hillsboro just shutting down West and on average most posters had Hillsboro scoring around 30 points, guys post the weather hurt Hillsboro but many of the post imply that Hillsboro was a running team not a throwing team, looking at their stats it looks like their throwing game was very minimal at best only throwing about 14 times a game. IMO it looked to be exactly what it was, West was by far the better team, Hillsboro may not have been awful as some would claim but not up to the task certainly. In comparison of players it looked to be that West skilled players were much better then the hype of some others. Great season for both but, the better team did win.

Congrats to West but looking back over the post on here its comical reading them and realizing that the majority of the post had Hillsboro just shutting down West and on average most posters had Hillsboro scoring around 30 points, guys post the weather hurt Hillsboro but many of the post imply that Hillsboro was a running team not a throwing team, looking at their stats it looks like their throwing game was very minimal at best only throwing about 14 times a game. IMO it looked to be exactly what it was, West was by far the better team, Hillsboro may not have been awful as some would claim but not up to the task certainly. In comparison of players it looked to be that West skilled players were much better then the hype of some others. Great season for both but, the better team did win.

Yeah Knox West would have beaten Hillsboro rain or no rain.