3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

Martin / and DC Taylor put in a new scheme on defense. Basically a 5-4 in the box and man coverage in the edges. The QB sweep was mostly new as well for CPA. QB Weatherley got the job done.

I said coming into the game they would need to change their scheme if they were to win. Glad to see CPA decide to adapt to an opponent. Nothing wrong with changing your scheme to get a win. I think CPA learned that at the end of last season. Kudos to the staff for the change

A couple of folks have said if the ball reached the end zone in the air it would have been Alcoa's ball on the twenty. I've never heard of that? Have you? Or I could be misunderstanding them...

In high school football If you attempt a FG and it lands in the end zone the opponent gets the ball on the 20. It gives an incentive for teams to try longer FGs.

A couple of folks have said if the ball reached the end zone in the air it would have been Alcoa's ball on the twenty. I've never heard of that? Have you? Or I could be misunderstanding them...

That is correct. If he had kicked OB, it would've been Alcoa's ball on the 20, as well.

You may always ask, you just might not always get the answer you want. :)

But to answer your question, this is the first time we've been shut out since August 29, 2003 when Maryville beat us 23-0. We finished 10-4 that year under John Reid and made the semifinals.

Jus curious ! I was thinking like 100BC, jus didn't know if it had happened in recent history

I understand what you're saying, but I've given Rankin so many breaks through the years I'm sick of it. He wastes more athletes than any coach I've seen with his limited play calling.

I guess Rankin better start getting his younger son Zeke ready to kick long field goals in high school, because with his dad's play calling, we'll need whatever points we can get.

Whoa, dude. Chill.

It's one thing to disagree with how Coach Rankin does things. Fans do that all the time at just about any program you'll find.

But there's no need to bring his family into this. They'd be really hurt if they saw that. Come on, man!!

I'm disappointed with the outcome, as are the fans, players and coaching staff, but that was over the top.

Go Alcoa, Amen!