3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

The ND line was whipped and beat down in the middle of the third quarter. #2 pounder the rock at will. Depth. You never can have enough. Especially when a team lines up and plays physical smash mouth football.

Beating a team that cheats and has a parent on the sidelines calling plays across the field are the absolute best and funniest teams to beat! And the sore lovers that follow.....A big plus! Lol!

Most of ND fans are not sore loser and pretty good folks. Can't say the same for Trickster.......he was butthurt last year too.

actually wrong, 1 high school in that county. You can't pay 500 and attend. That being said, they do simular things in girls baketball,great ball players seem to show up prior to their freshman season.

Being the only high school in the county sounds pretty open zone to me, LOL. I'm sure out-of-county students can attend, but they might have tn pay extra taxes to the county instead of tuition to the school.

Open zone is all about how you use it really.

Being the only high school in the county sounds pretty open zone to me, LOL. I'm sure out-of-county students can attend, but they might have tn pay extra taxes to the county instead of tuition to the school.

Open zone is all about how you use it really.

I agree its how you use it, but. I am pretty sure Jackson county doesn't let anyone out of the county attend. Heck, they can hardly afford the kids they got. I would bet Alcoa City limits has a higher population that that whole County has. I know Gainesboro has about 1,400 residents. They only bennifit of an open zone school is in a county with a huge population like Blount , Rutherford, Wilson...ect. That way your community school can stay small...1a-4a, and you can pick and choose some great athelets to attend without the rise in classification. Helps even more if your a small school in a large population county like Blount, and boardering a metro county like Knoxville. But hey, TSSAA allows it, so no harm no foul. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I agree its how you use it, but. I am pretty sure Jackson county doesn't let anyone out of the county attend. Heck, they can hardly afford the kids they got. I would bet Alcoa City limits has a higher population that that whole County has. I know Gainesboro has about 1,400 residents. They only bennifit of an open zone school is in a county with a huge population like Blount , Rutherford, Wilson...ect. That way your community school can stay small...1a-4a, and you can pick and choose some great athelets to attend without the rise in classification. Helps even more if your a small school in a large population county like Blount, and boardering a metro county like Knoxville. But hey, TSSAA allows it, so no harm no foul.

and will go on to say the only part of the TSSAA rules I don't like is mid stream transfers. You choose your school as a incoming freshman, great. You swap schools after that, 1 year sit should apply, just like the NCAA. School choice should always be encouraged, ball team choice needs some rules to keep the playing field as equal as possible. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Wow!!

CPA's Parker Howell tells Bounty County newspaper, The Daily Times,

"We're going in with the mindset that we are capable of manhandling them (Alcoa) up front, which I think we very well could easily do."

gotta like his confidense....better than saying "I am scared sh#*less". You can't win at anything if your scared before the first whistle blows. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Wow!!

CPA's Parker Howell tells Bounty County newspaper, The Daily Times,

"We're going in with the mindset that we are capable of manhandling them (Alcoa) up front, which I think we very well could easily do."

I only believe about 1/2 of what's in the paper. The problem is knowing which half.