WILL DB ever be a legitimate STATE TITLE CONTENDER?

You and your brother have got something going on right now with dropping hints and leaving people wondering what is really going on!!! A couple weeks ago BVD made some comments about Greeneville having some coaching changes but then wouldn't tell what the changes were. Might have to start calling you "The Riddler" instead of The Dark Knight! :)

We have both been called a lot worse ! 

Just like the batman shows I watched as a kid, sometimes you have to wait until next week to see how it ends.Nomatter how you want the show to end,there isn't a lot you can do about the outcome but sit and watch.

Well that leaves me to think back at past clues and put the pieces together and come up with my own answer. I think I'm on it.

Well that leaves me to think back at past clues and put the pieces together and come up with my own answer. I think I'm on it.

First,before anything is taken out of context.I really respect and like the vast majority of those involved with DB football.Coach Clark gave my middle son the teams  highest honor and  respect when he was there.The same award a couple of our coaches have also received and greatly deserved. Second,I appreciate the nice things coach Barrett wrote for his masters report and coach Clark for letting him help the team and all the nice things several coaches had to say.Third, is the twister.Everything and everyone is a distant second when it comes to my kids being treated with respect and my number one mission is to help my kids get through school and get a good job.Football,wrestling {which is my pick 10-1 } or any other sport doesn't matter in the long run.I'm perfectly fine with what coach Clark puts out there on Friday nights because he knows more then most any two coaches.If I have one playing or not won't stop me from going to the games or saying just what I think.

Edited by BatmanDB

• 2 weeks later...

So with the new conference what do we expect from this yrs team?..I say anything less than 8-2 is a failure.Anything better than that would be great..I say a 3rd round exit in the playoffs..In a hopeful out come would be undefeated and state champs.But just a return to the topic.Does GC get a (retire when your ready card) or do you put a time limit on him and say thanks for what you've done but it's time for a change?

Probably not. But what I want to know is, what 1, 2, 3 or more events stopped them from being one? I remember They were all the rage when I was in High School ('98-'02). They still win games but they haven't made the Quarterfinals in YEARS, right. What has changed? Don't mind me. No disrespect intended I'm just a Memphian that's TIRED of Maryville coming out of the Eastern side of the Big Public school bracket. 

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

I,for one, think Dobyns Bennett is doing just fine as a football program. It's just they aren't quite as good as some of their fans think they are. I mean they go atleast 8-2 every year in the regular season and that in itself is a major accomplishment even though it may be against mediocre competition. It's just when they get in the playoffs they get exposed by better teams. And having to get through Maryville doesn't help either! I'm calling it now! One of these days Clark will leave and they will see what having a bad coach is really like. When that happens they will go into a serious decline and they will wish they were still winning 8,9,or 10 games every year and making the playoffs.

I,for one, think Dobyns Bennett is doing just fine as a football program. It's just they aren't quite as good as some of their fans think they are. I mean they go atleast 8-2 every year in the regular season and that in itself is a major accomplishment even though it may be against mediocre competition. It's just when they get in the playoffs they get exposed by better teams. And having to get through Maryville doesn't help either! I'm calling it now! One of these days Clark will leave and they will see what having a bad coach is really like. When that happens they will go into a serious decline and they will wish they were still winning 8,9,or 10 games every year and making the playoffs.

The talent level at DB want drop off just because GC leaves!..😉

Look COACHSPANKY & THEREALTRUTH,I'm not the first and sure want be the last to talk about replacing a coach on here.And as far as y'all two not liking what I wrote about it,I can careless.DON'T READ IT,KEEP SCROLLING!!!..ðŸ‘....Read some of these other post and say something about some of these folks CUSSING and calling other folks GAY!!!..I'm pretty sure y'all probably some of the folks that is doing it.But you wouldn't MAN UP and admit it,Cause I'm also pretty sure you both are LIERS!!!..But anyway,Just like UT,Florida,Nebraska and other HIGH SCHOOL,COLLEGE and PRO fans ex-players and alumni, we get frustrated and a lot of them like myself would like to be as PERFECT as you two think y'all are.But we express our thoughts on this high school forum on the internet.LOL,You both are JOKES to me and I want waste my time replying to y'all anymore like I should have done with this reply.But thought I'd address this one time and one time only.But as I stated earlier in my post IF Y'ALL DONT LIKE MY POST,KEEP SCROLLING..I'll end with this,it's alitte saying I got and it's perfect for you two,WHAT UPSETS Y'ALL MORE??..CAUSE I STARTED THIS POST AND WROTE WHAT I WROTE,OR BECAUSE NEITHER ONE OF YOU CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT??...😄😉..COACHSPANKY & THEREALTRUTH!!!...LOL,YOU TWO ARE FUNNY!!..😄

there are SOME that might say " if you dont like the answer you were given, then dont ask the question".....or, they might say, " take your carolina hind end back to carolina and worry about basketball"...now ME, im not that person. I actually agree with you. I dont think GC will ever bring a gold ball back to the model city. I personally dont think todays kids relate to the older coaches as well as perhaps they should, or atleast could. No Doubt coach GC is a great coach, but there are plenty of great coaches all over east tennessee but that doesnt mean any of them will win state. Sometimes it just takes a little luck and in DB's case, that luck factor I THINK.....includes Maryville either getting knocked out early in a shocker OR, them having a down year.....having said that, which of those two options do you think are more likely? Sometimes the stars just have to align just right for a team to win it all....I say all that to say this. If you care as much about DB as you appear to care, my suggestion is to just keep being a loyal diehard fan and support the man in charge at the moment and support the kids because after all, that's all you really can do. Any thing else said or done publically is just counter productive....( but i totally understand that it DOES make you feel better to get things off your chest sometimes.) if you are who i suspect you are, look on the bright side. Your college team is kicking ars right now and that is SURELY got to be exiting to such a downtrodden program....the ttc misses you DM

You and your brother have got something going on right now with dropping hints and leaving people wondering what is really going on!!! A couple weeks ago BVD made some comments about Greeneville having some coaching changes but then wouldn't tell what the changes were. Might have to start calling you "The Riddler" instead of The Dark Knight! :)

sorry Reb, when i said that, i wasnt sure at the time who all knew about the changes with the greene team, OR if it even mattered that people knew or not. Basically, there's just been a couple coaching changes. One gone ( not fired, just chose to put more time and energy into his business) one new to the staff ( former Tenn. high standout, name escapes me right now ) and one other given a promotion in another sport. Hope that clears some things up, atleast from the younger half of the brothers.

there are SOME that might say " if you dont like the answer you were given, then dont ask the question".....or, they might say, " take your carolina hind end back to carolina and worry about basketball"...now ME, im not that person. I actually agree with you. I dont think GC will ever bring a gold ball back to the model city. I personally dont think todays kids relate to the older coaches as well as perhaps they should, or atleast could. No Doubt coach GC is a great coach, but there are plenty of great coaches all over east tennessee but that doesnt mean any of them will win state. Sometimes it just takes a little luck and in DB's case, that luck factor I THINK.....includes Maryville either getting knocked out early in a shocker OR, them having a down year.....having said that, which of those two options do you think are more likely? Sometimes the stars just have to align just right for a team to win it all....I say all that to say this. If you care as much about DB as you appear to care, my suggestion is to just keep being a loyal diehard fan and support the man in charge at the moment and support the kids because after all, that's all you really can do. Any thing else said or done publically is just counter productive....( but i totally understand that it DOES make you feel better to get things off your chest sometimes.) if you are who i suspect you are, look on the bright side. Your college team is kicking ars right now and that is SURELY got to be exiting to such a downtrodden program....the ttc misses you DM

I think either option having to happen assures me that maybe there's time for some changes.GQ is the greatest FB coach to ever walk the sidelines in TENNESSEE just as the head man at OAK HILL in BBALL.But having said that,For me to believe that the talent in Blount Co is that much better than pretty much everywhere else is BS.Winning titles don't make you a great coach!(IT HELPS).But to me,coaching is the key.When you have a coach and coaching staff set in there ways,They become complacent with what they do and so do there fans.I'm not calling out GC,Just a frustrate fan that expects more and can see DB has the talent but feels like there's just ALOT of complacency within the program.To me I think it's just so ignorant that you have a school with an enrollment of over 2000 that you would have a football team playing kids both ways.And putting your best players on the field is what you do.But having players start on offensive and defense just doesn't make since to me.At a 1A school with an enrollment of 200 to 300 kids I can see that,But not a 6A school of there size.Get in the halls and recruit some kids and give them the opportunity to play,And not because there parents are Doctors and lawyers and other figures in the community.Grow some balls and put the best players on the field,That's being a coach.I just think until that happens there going to keep coming up short.I'll post more on the subject but just a few things for now.And YES,I AM DM,I've been thinking about a TTC comeback,But there's been ALOT on my plate and havnt had much free time with work and working my son out to prepare him for next yr to get him involved with FOOTBALL/BASKETBALL and Wrestling.He's 10yrs old and 5'2 147lbs.Getting him into Weightlifting and Cardiovascular stuff.I played Football and Wrestling over in Eastern North Carolina and would love to see him play,But not going to force him.But I know from talking to him he's just trying to learn the games.The feeder programs to me aren't very good.And should be changed up some.But I also would like to see the coaches from DB go out to the Elementary Schools and talk and encourage these 5th grade kids and get them pumped to want to play.Maybe give them a sticker or something and maybe a letter of encouragement to pump them up.Just some of my thoughts,and know that GC has a full plate already.But get more involved with the middle programs at JS and RR.Just some of my thoughts and opinions on the subject.