1A 2015 preseason favorite

PHS if and only if they can get past U.C. and I am sorry but I think NCS is a joke they recruit the best from everywhere and cant beat public schools.Those of you that are not privy to NCS will say they dont recruit,however look it up .Sorry to rant but they nedd to find another place to play maybe call it the rich n priveleged league !!!

They call it "work study" you don't need recruits to win for example union city! #jobyrnspride

Coalfield has a good chance to represent the east again. Unfortunately whoever represents next year in the east will receive the same fate as this season.

I agree and i dont see any relief for a while these big West teams are loaded with the kind of kids we may see once every four to six yrs-and thats just one or maybe two on our small roster.What i saw playing in Cookeville by the name of Peabody is a very athletic and dominating team in our ranks along with UC,Trousdale,NCS the list goes on.The funny thing is that TC may be the only one the East MAY be able to compete with MAYBE!ANY of the others and just be glad that you do at least get a Silver ball for showing up. Edited by orngnblk

yes to 2a but chose to play in 3a. I think the would have won a chapionship each year if they had stayed in 2a, my bad.

I don't know. Goodpasture, Huntingdon and Lipscomb were beasts during that time in 2A. Trousdale moved up so they didn't have to fool with them. Then in 2004 that's about the time that Alcoa woke up as well. Edited by TheAmbassador

I don't know. Goodpasture, Huntingdon and Lipscomb were beasts during that time in 2A. Trousdale moved up so they didn't have to fool with them. Then in 2004 that's about the time that Alcoa woke up as well.

Agreed...TC would not have beaten Goodpasture in 01...or Lipscomb in 02. In 03 & 04 they lost in 2nd round of 3a playoffs.

They had a good team though. I saw all of those teams. TC was not near as good as the privates.

I can't fault TC for moving up. We did too. That region was a great region for 4 years. LA...Portland...TC..SC were all tough. Those games between them were all wars.

Yes, I recall Trousdale's first season in 3A getting monkey stomped by Portland during the regular season and then coming back and beating them in the playoffs. That revenge game over Roger Perry was always one of Clint's favorites.

Yes, I recall Trousdale's first season in 3A getting monkey stomped by Portland during the regular season and then coming back and beating them in the playoffs. That revenge game over Roger Perry was always one of Clint's favorites.

Portland had a 14-0 lead..then absolutely choked. They have never been the same since. Portland had the best 3a team in the state...by far.

I don't know. Goodpasture, Huntingdon and Lipscomb were beasts during that time in 2A. Trousdale moved up so they didn't have to fool with them. Then in 2004 that's about the time that Alcoa woke up as well.

I don't know about the avoiding thing. They moved into a district when White House and Portland were in the middle of their best runs in school history and were 3 times larger than TC. Macon was in that same run 2001-2003 making the semi's. Carthage was a beast back then to. Hard to say but I still think TC would have won the 2a championship both years. Clint's son was a good qb and a great kicker.