1A 2015 preseason favorite

I don't know about the avoiding thing. They moved into a district when White House and Portland were in the middle of their best runs in school history and were 3 times larger than TC. Macon was in that same run 2001-2003 making the semi's. Carthage was a beast back then to. Hard to say but I still think TC would have won the 2a championship both years. Clint's son was a good qb and a great kicker.

I didn't say avoided, just said they didn't have to fool with them. Clint's boy was good, but baby brother was really good.

I don't know about the avoiding thing. They moved into a district when White House and Portland were in the middle of their best runs in school history and were 3 times larger than TC. Macon was in that same run 2001-2003 making the semi's. Carthage was a beast back then to. Hard to say but I still think TC would have won the 2a championship both years. Clint's son was a good qb and a great kicker.

White House wasn't there in that district. SC played all of them. TC would not have beaten the privates. TC should not have have beaten Portland. Portland beat them 52-12 on the creekbank that year. The stars aligned for them to win that playoff game. They got pounded by A-E in the semis. The next year they were better...but Lipscomb & Goodpasture were loaded.

Edited by Antwan

I know I'll get bashed from the sp fans, whom I respect very much, but I feel the 2011 Huntingdon team that lost to WC would have won the gold if they had beat WC.

WC was a great team that year. Not making excuses but Huntingdon played flat that night. I know you WC fans are going to say it was because of WC. And that may be true. But the the fans that watch them play all year know they were capable of playing better than they did that night. Edited by horse

I know I'll get bashed from the sp fans, whom I respect very much, but I feel the 2011 Huntingdon team that lost to WC would have won the gold if they had beat WC.

I'm going to say this again. South Pittsburg, Gordonsville, Wayne County and Huntingdon were by far the four best teams in 1A. They were all pretty even. Any of the four could have beaten any of the other ones on any given night.