Combined rankings

MatWiz

Looking into February 2015 you can likely expect a similar response from coach Simpson as this one earlier this year as quoted by Maurice Patton of the Tennessean...

Quote: "When the season started, we thought we had a good enough team to win it. You worry about injuries, kids getting in the right weight class, that kind of stuff, but we had 13 kids in the top four (places) at state, and we felt like because of what we had, that was going to allow us to win. We had more kids capable of being top four (than other teams). That's what you've got to do to win it most years. You want your team to.... peak at the right time.... and wrestle your best. We had some kids that I'm sure were disappointed they didn't do better, but overall we wrestled about as well as we could wrestle."

You should have remembered that post last week when I tried to tell you that the Irish should not be ranked #1 in Tennessee this early in the season & you said that I was seeking attention.  Did I not tell you that the 3rd week of February Simpson has his boy's ready to go every season.  Baylor is a very strong team this season and FR has some holes that they may not be able to fill but my guess is that Simpson finds a way to make them much better than what everyone witnessed in December 2014.  It's public knowledge that he is not happy with the work ethic, effort and results that he has received from his senior class up until this point in the season.  It will be fun to watch and see if that senior class changes their ways to make this team a state title contender. 

You should have remembered that post last week when I tried to tell you that the Irish should not be ranked #1 in Tennessee this early in the season & you said that I was seeking attention. Did I not tell you that the 3rd week of February Simpson has his boy's ready to go every season. Baylor is a very strong team this season and FR has some holes that they may not be able to fill but my guess is that Simpson finds a way to make them much better than what everyone witnessed in December 2014. It's public knowledge that he is not happy with the work ethic, effort and results that he has received from his senior class up until this point in the season. It will be fun to watch and see if that senior class changes their ways to make this team a state title contender.

I suppose I had a senior moment my old wise poster friend! But with hindsight,it's clear you are absolutely correct about this very talented Ryan team,,, I was only taking a jab and having some fun :)

Calling another ignorant while admitting ignorance. I believe that says it all.

Please explain to all of those ignorant of the fact, how is Father Ryan not at full strength? Which wrestlers are currently not in their line-up? Missing state placers and nationally ranked wrestlers is not quite the same as improving by the end of the season or dropping a weight class now is it?

Kennedy did not wrestle HWT last year and it's ignorant to assume Debien would still be at 126.

Yes we already established the fact that Father Ryan got the win on the 8th criteria. No ones arguing that fact. Based on circumstances I still ranked FR below Cleveland and you continue to whine about it as if my opinion will effect Father Ryan's state seed.

Father Ryan is missing junior stud Robert Garstin

Call me ignorant all you want, but last year when Father Ryan had some kids missing and cleveland beat them Cleveland was the best team in the state hands down. Father Ryan made no excuses of who was missing, injured, or absent. This year when Father Ryan beats Cleveland, Cleveland is still the best team in the state because they dont have x, y, and z. Why doesnt everybody get over the fact that the best team in the state of Tennessee is Baylor, then Father Ryan (or is that to many private school teams)?

Last year both teams were missing wrestlers in their line-up and Cleveland had a significant win, actually two wins in two days. Despite your claim, we heard all of the excuses about those radishes. This year Cleveland was missing some guys and they both tied in what was a great dual match decided by tie-breaker criteria.

I expressed my personal opinion on the state's top teams this year and explained my reasons, which seemed reasonable and factual. You got mad and called me ignorant because of my opinion despite being ignorant of the details yourself. I did list Baylor as the top team in my suggested team ranking so I really don't understand your reference. My advice, don't invest so much in December rankings.

You know what they say...the truth hurts and it don't hurt if its not true. It seems your feelings did get a little hurt.

Last year both teams were missing wrestlers in their line-up and Cleveland had a significant win, actually two wins in two days. Despite your claim, we heard all of the excuses about those radishes. This year Cleveland was missing some guys and they both tied in what was a great dual match decided by tie-breaker criteria.

I expressed my personal opinion on the state's top teams this year and explained my reasons, which seemed reasonable and factual. You got mad and called me ignorant because of my opinion despite being ignorant of the details yourself. I did list Baylor as the top team in my suggested team ranking so I really don't understand your reference. My advice, don't invest so much in December rankings.

You know what they say...the truth hurts and it don't hurt if its not true. It seems your feelings did get a little hurt.

Significant? Cleveland won by one match that doesn't seem significant to me. Father Ryan is missing people this year too. Father Ryan also beat woodland who beat Cleveland. I'm not mad I just find it laughable that you mr west are still this concerned about high school wrestling when your kid has graduated. Are you not gonna move on?