Whitehaven 'The Haven' Tigers 2015

kwc

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a different topic:

In the past, the City of Memphis high school football teams and the surrounding areas have not been very competitive when considering the smaller classifications. The 1As and 2As of the world. However, quiet as it is kept, I do believe that is about to change. Just give it time, and I think the City schools of Memphis will be competitive in EVERY classification, not just 5A, 6A and D2 like past years.

Why do I say this? Well consider this:

Region 8 - 1A: KIPP is coached by Tim Thompson and he's in his second year. Hit the link and check it out. They will be ballin for 1A crowns in the future. It's a Charter School. The scrutiny will be there, but this situation is custom built for him. BTW and Carver may or may not be able to compete.

Region 7 - 2A: Trezevant coached by Telli White

Region 8 - 2A: Mitchell coached by Nathan Cole and Manassas coached by Carl Coleman

Region 8 - 3A: Raleigh Egypt coached by Major Wright. (Going into his 2nd year), Melrose coached by Chester Ford. They have the talent and the speed. Their schedule includes MBA, Pope John II, Ridgeway, and East in OOR play. 

Region 8 - 4A: Memphis East, Millington, and Ridgeway

Region 8 - 5A: Mem. Central coached by Lynard Crutchfield, (Kirby has Chester Flowers back as HC)

Region 8 - 6A: Whitehaven coached by Saulsberry, Houston coached by coach Will Hudgens and Arlington coached by Adam Sykes (1st year ... last year's OC) and White Station w/coach Rocconi in his 3rd season

Just something to consider. I don't think the City of Memphis and the surrounding area, as a whole, has had a line-up with this much potential to be very good to great from top to bottom. Especially in the lowwer classifications.

Edited by kwc

On a different topic:

In the past, the City of Memphis high school football teams and the surrounding areas have not been very competitive when considering the smaller classifications. The 1As and 2As of the world. However, quiet as it is kept, I do believe that is about to change. Just give it time, and I think the City schools of Memphis will be competitive in EVERY classification, not just 5A, 6A and D2 like past years.

Why do I say this? Well consider this:

Region 8 - 1A: KIPP is coached by Tim Thompson and he's in his second year. Hit the link and check it out. They will be ballin for 1A crowns in the future. It's a Charter School. The scrutiny will be there, but this situation is custom built for him. BTW and Carver may or may not be able to compete.

Region 7 - 2A: Trezevant coached by Telli White

Region 8 - 2A: Mitchell coached by Nathan Cole and Manassas coached by Carl Coleman

Region 8 - 3A: Raleigh Egypt coached by Major Wright. (Going into his 2nd year), Melrose coached by Chester Ford. They have the talent and the speed. Their schedule includes MBA, Pope John II, Ridgeway, and East in OOR play. 

Region 8 - 4A: Memphis East, Millington, and Ridgeway

Region 8 - 5A: Mem. Central coached by Lynard Crutchfield, (Kirby has Chester Flowers back as HC)

Region 8 - 6A: Whitehaven coached by Saulsberry, Houston coached by coach Will Hudgens and Arlington coached by Adam Sykes (1st year ... last year's OC) and White Station w/coach Rocconi in his 3rd season

Just something to consider. I don't think the City of Memphis and the surrounding area, as a whole, has had a line-up with this much potential to be very good to great from top to bottom. Especially in the lower classifications.

Trezevant has to be the favorite in 2A...

We are the Favorite or 2nd in 6A...

Kirby will light some folks up with Coach Flowers...

Ridgeway, IDK. But I wish them well against everyone but Whitehaven.

Two weeks to the Jamborees  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Trezevant has to be the favorite in 2A...

We are the Favorite or 2nd in 6A...

Kirby will light some folks up with Coach Flowers...

Ridgeway, IDK. But I wish them well against everyone but Whitehaven.

Two weeks to the Jamborees  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

I agree, coach Flowers is going to light some folk up. I think Major Wright will bring back that magic he had when he coached White Station and made them a power. We all know what coach Thompson will bring. KIPP is goig to light some folk up as well in 1A. Did you check out the link?

Edited by kwc

How did the scrimmage with MUS go ?

BBD:

I can't tell much personally. I had last minute errands to run that made me run late. Not to mention I went to the wrong site. So when I finally get to the correct site, I run into a classmate that I had not seen in a very long time, so we got into catching up, and my focus was split. Top it all off ... The power at the staddium was down due to the storm from the previous night. The scrimmage was cut short due to that. From what little I saw, both teams lookd good.

I heard that MUS scored twice. WHS didn't score any. Both through the air. I missed that obviously.