Whitehaven 'The Haven' Tigers 2015

kwc

It was 2 tds - 1 in Favor of MUS...Whitehaven was lucky the MUS qb wasn't very accurate .

Defensively, our pass defense left a lot to be desired. I'll be nice and say that. MUS looked like they were specifically working on their passing game . They didn't run the ball much. The Cornerback play, which had been a strength, looked shakey these last two weeks. I call it like I see it. The pass rush needs to pick it up because the LBs are young and don't get zone drop concepts from my point of view.

Offensively, we have a young group of backs that are tight. I hope we can keep them all because there are some guys that can go anywhere else in the city and be THE MAN. I'm still looking for a WR not named Kerrick Jones to make a play, geezzzzz. The lineman, our strong suit, seemed to have issues with the stunts and twists.

On another note, this is my 4th time trying to type THIS. Whitehaven should start Donte Vaughn at QB. If asked for my opinion as to why, I'll tell but my computer has cut me off 3 other times while I was writing my rationale .

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was 2 tds - 1 in Favor of MUS...Whitehaven was lucky the MUS qb wasn't very accurate .

Defensively, our pass defense left a lot to be desired. I'll be nice and say that. MUS looked like they were specifically working on their passing game . They didn't run the ball much. The Cornerback play, which had been a strength, looked shakey these last two weeks. I call it like I see it. The pass rush needs to pick it up because the LBs are young and don't get zone drop concepts from my point of view.

Offensively, we have a young group of backs that are tight. I hope we can keep them all because there are some guys that can go anywhere else in the city and be THE MAN. I'm still looking for a WR not named Kerrick Jones to make a play, geezzzzz. The lineman, our strong suit, seemed to have issues with the stunts and twists.

On another note, this is my 4th time trying to type THIS. Whitehaven should start Donte Vaughn at QB. If asked for my opinion as to why, I'll tell but my computer has cut me off 3 other times while I was writing my rationale .

BHS:

MUS has one of the best passing games in high school football. It was a good thing to get tested in that manner. Iron sharpens iron. We were too aggresive in one instance and got burned.

We've scrimmaged against two quality teams and learned something about ourselves each time. That's a good thing.

It's a long season ... there will be some other WRs to step up besides Kerrick. Its those guys time to shine. We all know that we have talent in that regard. Those who step up in practice will get their opportunities. Did we throw anything Mr. Rudd's (TE, #86) way? He's a valuable asset that we need to utilize.

Well ... next is the jamboree. I'm going to try my best to be there!

Edited by kwc

The Wilson brothers didn play which explains the d line issues and safety jabril Malone was out as well. ... but other areas need be addressed or it's gone be a long season. There are a couple other guys that can catch the ball if they go to them

I heard that both of the Wilson brothers were out. I had heard the same for Jabril (Rock). I think that I heard that we were missing another person as well. Fifer or Thacker, I think. I'm not sure if it was either of them though.

Well of course there are other areas of concern. That's what you find out in scrimmages.

The new QB knows he can depend upon Kerrick. Now he needs to find some alternatives besides Kerrick. That takes time to develop. I trust he will. (Somebody tell him to throw it to the TE a lil' more ... I'm just sayin')

Edited by kwc

From the Commercial Appeal

Shelby County sets football jamboree schedule

John Varlas

football_generic2_1407466288931_7268684_

You wouldn't know it by looking at the thermometer but high school football season is upon us.

The SCIAA Jamborees will take place Aug. 13-14 at Kirby and Whitehaven Stadiums. Admission for each night is $8.

Here are the schedules:

Aug. 13 at Kirby

6 p.m.: Oakhaven vs. Middle College
6:23 p.m.: Carver vs. MLK Prep
6:46 p.m.: Kirby vs. Northside
7:09 p.m.: Raleigh-Egypt vs. Overton
7:32 p.m.: Hamilton vs. Wooddale
7:55 p.m.: Craigmont vs. Cordova
8:18 p.m.: Bolton vs. Melrose
8:41 p.m.: Ridgeway vs. Germantown

Aug. 14 at Whitehaven

6 p.m.: KIPP vs. MAHS
6:23 p.m.: Westwood vs. Douglass
6:46 p.m.: Booker T. Washington vs. Fairley
7:09 p.m.: Sheffield vs. Mitchell
7:32 p.m.: Manassas vs. Hillcrest
7:55 p.m.: East vs. Southwind
8:18 p.m.: Central vs. Kingsbury
8:41 p.m.: Trezevant vs. White Station
9:04 p.m.: Central vs. Whitehaven

Edited by kwc

From the Commercial Appeal

Shelby County sets football jamboree schedule

John Varlas

football_generic2_1407466288931_7268684_

You wouldn't know it by looking at the thermometer but high school football season is upon us.

The SCIAA Jamborees will take place Aug. 13-14 at Kirby and Whitehaven Stadiums. Admission for each night is $8.

Here are the schedules:

Aug. 13 at Kirby

6 p.m.: Oakhaven vs. Middle College

6:23 p.m.: Carver vs. MLK Prep

6:46 p.m.: Kirby vs. Northside

7:09 p.m.: Raleigh-Egypt vs. Overton

7:32 p.m.: Hamilton vs. Wooddale

7:55 p.m.: Craigmont vs. Cordova

8:18 p.m.: Bolton vs. Melrose

8:41 p.m.: Ridgeway vs. Germantown

Aug. 14 at Whitehaven

6 p.m.: KIPP vs. MAHS

6:23 p.m.: Westwood vs. Douglass

6:46 p.m.: Booker T. Washington vs. Fairley

7:09 p.m.: Sheffield vs. Mitchell

7:32 p.m.: Manassas vs. Hillcrest

7:55 p.m.: East vs. Southwind

8:18 p.m.: Central vs. Kingsbury

8:41 p.m.: Trezevant vs. White Station

9:04 p.m.: Central vs. Whitehaven

Not much time allotted for each game. How does it work? Arlington, collierville, Houston and millington don't participate??

Not much time allotted for each game. How does it work? Arlington, collierville, Houston and millington don't participate??

12 or 15 minute quarter with a running clock minus 1 or 2 or 3 (I can't remember) Timeouts for each team.

The four schools you mentioned are a part of the Suburbs and their own "individual" (racist IMHO) School districts. Arlington has their own School district. Millington has their own. Houston and Collierville are in their own. Mind you All 4 of these Schools are in Shelby Co. but are in little municipalities that so happen to be majority white.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

12 or 15 minute quarter with a running clock minus 1 or 2 or 3 (I can't remember) Timeouts for each team.

The four schools you mentioned are a part of the Suburbs and their own "individual" (racist IMHO) School districts. Arlington has their own School district. Millington has their own. Houston and Collierville are in their own. Mind you All 4 of these Schools are in Shelby Co. but are in little municipalities that so happen to be majority white.

Are you going to the Jamboree?

Germantown and Bolton are as well but they participate. Just stroked my curiosity.

I Really don't know much about who will be on top over there.It's probably been covered,but besides  the strong program you always have,who else might come from the west this year.The middle of  the state is up for grabs every year and pretty much one football program on the other side that will be there toward the end every year