Whitehaven 'The Haven' Tigers 2015

kwc

What happened?

I don't know specifics. I personally know his dad because we went to school together, but I've never asked him about where his son was going to play ball on Saturday's. I've always had other people tell me what's going on in that regard. All I know is that last year as a junior ... he was big on UT. I had heard recently this year that he was favoring ND, but I was asked to keep that info under my hat, so I honored that request.

He publically committed to ND on his birthday which just passed.

Edited by kwc

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know specifics. I personally know his dad because we went to school together, but I've never asked him about where his son was going to play ball on Saturday's. I've always had other people tell me what's going on in that regard. All I know is that last year as a junior ... he was big on UT. I had heard recently this year that he was favoring ND, but I was asked to keep that info under my hat, so I honored that request.

I'll admit I was suprised at his commitment. ND doesn't have much of a presence in tn

From reading the article sounds like ND rolled out the red carpet for him when he went up there and made him a top priority and UT probably didn't. You would think that UT would come harder as far

as recruiting all the top talent that comes out of Shelby County or at least try to match the recruiting efforts of some of the other big schools that shop down here.

From reading the article sounds like ND rolled out the red carpet for him when he went up there and made him a top priority and UT probably didn't. You would think that UT would come harder as far

as recruiting all the top talent that comes out of Shelby County or at least try to match the recruiting efforts of some of the other big schools that shop down here.

It didn't appear to me that UT had not made him a priority. Well, early on, that is. They visited a time or two during his juniour season. If they visited him any this season, I haven't heard anything about it. The LB at MUS has already committed to UT. Donte isn't the only Memphian that the UT recruiter who is responsible for the Memphis area was interested in. However, I did hear that the visit to South Bend went well and it had a big influence on him. Also, UT has another highly regarded DB in this class who has already verbally committed. Maybe they did back off some as a result of that. I don't know that's the case ... i'm just guessing here.

It didn't appear to me that UT had not made him a priority. Well, early on, that is. They visited a time or two during his juniour season. If they visited him any this season, I haven't heard anything about it. The LB at MUS has already committed to UT. Donte isn't the only Memphian that the UT recruiter who is responsible for the Memphis area was interested in. However, I did hear that the visit to South Bend went well and it had a big influence on him. Also, UT has another highly regarded DB in this class who has already verbally committed. Maybe they did back off some as a result of that. I don't know that's the case ... i'm just guessing here.

On a different note:

Last Friday night after the Bartlett game I joined a conversation that was going on with several of the assistant coaches along with coach Harmon, our DC. As you may know, coach Harmon is also our Freshman and JV coach, as well as, the HC for our feeder school's football program, Havenview, who will be playing for another middle school state title for the large middle schools pretty soon. Anywho ... As I listened to their conversation, it became abundantly clear that they were talking about a young man that is an 8th grader at Havenview who is drawing a LOT of interest. The way I hear it the young man is about 6 ft, 215 lbs already and he wears a size 13 shoe. He plays LB, and whatever else they want him to play, and he's evidently a man amoungst boys currently. The reason why he was the topic of conversation is because there are three local private schools putting on a full court press to have him play football at their schools next year. Christian Brothers, MUS, and Lausanne. Which means he's a really good student already. This won't be the first time that a student that walked the hall of Havenview Middle School is being sought after by the local private schools. Drew Richmond comes to mind. Quite frankly, coach Harmon has let it be made known that he is keenly aware and he plans to make sure that the parents know of Whitehaven's track history of getting indiviuals scholarships both academically, as well as, in athletics. However, getting a high school diploma from either of those three institutions would bode well for the young man. I wouldn't be mad the parents of the young man if he attended either of the three instead of Whitehaven ... but I hope he attends the Haven.

What's the word on the street in this regard? I know somebody else has heard something. If you don't want to put what you know on this board, I understand. Just hit my yahoo email (kwc_tn_2002@yahoo.com) or call me if you have my phone number. I didn't get the name of the young man.

Actually UT been on him since he was a soph... they offered him first. ND really didn start on him til the spring. There wasn't much more UT could have done. heck I thought his locker and Jersey had already been picked out....lol.... but ND came out Of No where...I'm sad he didn't chose UT but happy another one of our kids has made it to a top level college. .....but fyi, seeing ND scouts or any big time scouts at da Haven is nothing new, the fact they flipped him from UT was the shocker to me..

Actually UT been on him since he was a soph... they offered him first. ND really didn start on him til the spring. There wasn't much more UT could have done. heck I thought his locker and Jersey had already been picked out....lol.... but ND came out Of No where...I'm sad he didn't chose UT but happy another one of our kids has made it to a top level college. .....but fyi, seeing ND scouts or any big time scouts at da Haven is nothing new, the fact they flipped him from UT was the shocker to me..

OK ... that confirms what I had heard about him being UT's to lose. I had heard that he was really strong on UT in the beginning.

Man ... I just saw highlights of freshman Cormontae Hamilton. I'm still picking my jaw up from off of the floor. Talk about man amoung boys. I can already see coach Harmon and coach Dillard fighting over him.  I keep asking myself the same question over and over as I watched ... "That's a freshman?" My goodness! I already know he's going to be put into the rotation next year at some position ... the question is ... which one?