Pickett Co beats Livingston Acamey

jimbo44

There was no team played between Jackson County and Clarkrange. It was Jackson Co on Friday, Clarkrange on Tuesday and Livingston on Friday. The last time PC beat Livingston was I believe in either 2000 or 2001. Livingston had been voted #1 in the AP "AA" poll that morning and Pickett beat them that night. At the game they were saying that it had been 34 years since this had happened but I believe that in 1980 JC was very weak so this is much bigger than back then.  Back in the late 70's JC had something like a 78 game losing steak...I don't know exactly how many, but they were a far cry from their program of today.

Pickett Co was ahead by as many as 8 points and led almost all of the game. Livingston got ahead by 2 at 56-54 with 4:51 to go, then freshman Courtney Pritchett scored to make it 56 all. Sophomore Abbi Buck stole the ball with Adriana Thurman hitting a three with less than a minute to go. LA came right back with a three to tie it with 45.8 seconds to go. Jayna Ferrell drove in for a layup with 4.1  to go and LA called a time out. But they dribbled the time away without ever taking a shot!

Livingston was 7-1 with only a 1 point loss to Clarkrange. When PC beat Clarkrange they were 8-1 only losing to unbeaten AAA White Co. Pickett Co. now has beaten 3 of the best teams in Tennessee in a row.

Jayna Ferrell had 16 and Courtney Pritchett 15 for the Lady Bobcats.

PC also beat one of the best single A teams in Alabama.

Beating White Co. will take a nearly perfect game against that unbeaten AAA team. Everybody is very proud of what this young team with no seniors has done!

go figure, i move out of the county/state and the girls start doing good *sigh*, last time the Girls have beat LA at home was 1997-98 btw, last time they beat them after that was 2000 during their old christmas tournament, last time they beat CR and JC in the same year... wasn't that back in the 80's? i don't think they did that the year we beat JC to knock them out of state contention, i told ya long ago John that all it takes is our girls sticking with the game plan from day 1 in middle school and not quitting and NOT fearing the names CR, LA or JC to beat them... and lo and behold they start doing that and they win, if they don't make it to the sub state at minimum... i'll be shocked.

Edited by BobcatFan22

go figure, i move out of the county/state and the girls start doing good *sigh*, last time the Girls have beat LA at home was 1997-98 btw, last time they beat them after that was 2000 during their old christmas tournament, last time they beat CR and JC in the same year... wasn't that back in the 80's? i don't think they did that the year we beat JC to knock them out of state contention, i told ya long ago John that all it takes is our girls sticking with the game plan from day 1 in middle school and not quitting and NOT fearing the names CR, LA or JC to beat them... and lo and behold they start doing that and they win, if they don't make it to the sub state at minimum... i'll be shocked.

Pickett couldn't have beat Clarkrange In 2009, (the only year since JC has been in Class A that they were not in the state tournament) they were 39-0 that year.

Just a great couple weeks for Pickett Co girls basketball.

Edited by bob77

No, Pickett beat JC in the region at Watertown in 2008. They beat Clarkrange at Clarkrange back when Barry Smith was the coach. They had a huge halftime lead but CR came back in the second half but PC held on to win in a queaker.

It was 2009. JC beat Clarkrange in the state finals in 2008.

Edited by bob77

Good win, LA has played three bad games in a row. But this one was against a better team so they get the loss. Hoping this would wake them up. Think they had only one 3 in the 1st three quarters & that is a big part of their game. Tonight they are leading Central Magnet by 13 at the half & made 8 threes.

Edited by oldkodger