Vote for John McGraw Scouting Player of the Year

Alijah

now there was the first mistake you made these girls read this crap.  And now you just told two sisters that are sixteen and kids that one was better than the other.  That is rude behavior even in KY and TN.  Come on guys get your crap straight before you say it and remember these are kids and someone's daughters.  Talk about teams but do not single kids out.  Coaches do that enough

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now there was the first mistake you made these girls read this crap. And now you just told two sisters that are sixteen and kids that one was better than the other. That is rude behavior even in KY and TN. Come on guys get your crap straight before you say it and remember these are kids and someone's daughters. Talk about teams but do not single kids out. Coaches do that enough

Totally agree. These polls and POY are crap. You mixed the kids up....nice talk. So what do you do now John...take the girl you didn't mean to put on your poll off BC you mixed them up as you say her sister is better? Very hurtful to the kid and her family as well as her program. Even if you added the girl you just said is better, the verbal damage was done.

BTW....no Annistasia Hayes at Riverdale????? This POY is laughable. She leads 7-AAA in scoring and considered one of the best point guards in the country. Why would she be left off even the ballot? She will be in the running for MVP of 7-AAA and All State. Averages over 18ppg. Not even good enough for a nomination.....amazing. She averages more ppg than every Blackman and Oakland player you gave nominations to. I know there is more to ball than ppg but she is a leader in those categories too...and only a sophomore. Excuse of no nomination BC Annistasia is a sophomore so no nomination doesn't hold up either BC sophomores win POY many times.

Edited by WarriorFan

Actually I know the twins personally very well...I mixed up which was the better of the 2. Relax.

Why would you say that about a kid on a public forum????? This really is bad. Why not say that they were both on the ballot and you forgot the other? Saying you mixed up which one is better is really hurtful BC you showed your intentions to leave the one you have currently on the poll off your POY. Edited by WarriorFan

People being way too sensitive here....look both of these girls are VERY, VERY good players.  If they weren't Elizabethton wouldn't be in the position they are in.  To say one is slightly better than the other one, is well the truth.  The debate of which teams and players are better than others is an on-going discussion on this board in general, so spare me the PC rhetoric.  They are both very good.  Noone is taking that from them...noone is calling them not good.  You can't grill me for not adding Kayla, claiming she's the "better prospect", then when I admit a mistake, turn around and grill me for that.  Please take a second to understand that we are promoting girls basketball in general.  We create a poll that 1000's of people have had some fun with, got people talking about GBB in general and made a whole bunch of kids and schools feel good.  WarriorFan, we couldn;t include every kid...should we have had Annistasia ,probably, but we didnt.  That said we did an article on her and 4 other girls just a week or 2 ago, that was read by MANY D-1 coaches...and look if you don't like what we do, then don't read our website...or our posts on here, simple.  

People being way too sensitive here....look both of these girls are VERY, VERY good players. If they weren't Elizabethton wouldn't be in the position they are in. To say one is slightly better than the other one, is well the truth. The debate of which teams and players are better than others is an on-going discussion on this board in general, so spare me the PC rhetoric. They are both very good. Noone is taking that from them...noone is calling them not good. You can't grill me for not adding Kayla, claiming she's the "better prospect", then when I admit a mistake, turn around and grill me for that. Please take a second to understand that we are promoting girls basketball in general. We create a poll that 1000's of people have had some fun with, got people talking about GBB in general and made a whole bunch of kids and schools feel good. WarriorFan, we couldn;t include every kid...should we have had Annistasia ,probably, but we didnt. That said we did an article on her and 4 other girls just a week or 2 ago, that was read by MANY D-1 coaches...and look if you don't like what we do, then don't read our website...or our posts on here, simple.

I agree that what you are doing is very positive in its attempts to promote girls basketball. Thanks for all you are doing.

People being way too sensitive here....look both of these girls are VERY, VERY good players.  If they weren't Elizabethton wouldn't be in the position they are in.  To say one is slightly better than the other one, is well the truth.  The debate of which teams and players are better than others is an on-going discussion on this board in general, so spare me the PC rhetoric.  They are both very good.  Noone is taking that from them...noone is calling them not good.  You can't grill me for not adding Kayla, claiming she's the "better prospect", then when I admit a mistake, turn around and grill me for that.  Please take a second to understand that we are promoting girls basketball in general.  We create a poll that 1000's of people have had some fun with, got people talking about GBB in general and made a whole bunch of kids and schools feel good.  WarriorFan, we couldn;t include every kid...should we have had Annistasia ,probably, but we didnt.  That said we did an article on her and 4 other girls just a week or 2 ago, that was read by MANY D-1 coaches...and look if you don't like what we do, then don't read our website...or our posts on here, simple.  

First of all.....I believe that most would agree that I am the LEAST PC person on this forum.  I also like sticking it to Elizabethon fans and debating who is a better team, but I do not agree that comparasons of sisters abilities on public forums by a scouting service owner is the right place to do it.  Kids know who the better player is between them.  They don't need to be told by adults who post it on a public forum for everyone to see.  Great way to build a kids confidence.  If you look at the two posts by "ETown" it was two different handles and not the same person.  I had to go back and look at that myself.

With Annastasia, you cared to write an article about her on your "Paid" subscription to your service to talk about her abilities because she is already a hot ticket on the D-1 recruiting scene nationally as just a sophomore, and it interested coaches who you make money from, or who you wished to buy a subscription to your service.  My guess is you email coaches telling them to read about certain players to get them to purchase a year subscription bc that is your true audience, and you are using this forum not as a sales tool bc it isn't your audience, but to gain more recognition and notariety for your service.  It is evident you know she is that good.  When it came to a poll you placed on this free forum, she wasn't "good enough" to even be given a nomination for POY, although she leads your other multiple D-1 nominees in the same district in several categories.  Do you really think that 90% of the players you placed on your POY list can even play with her? The snub was noticed.  

John, as a person who runs a scouting service and is considered an authority figure, you are held to a different standard of knowledge on who is a legitimate POY.  We as fans can have our favorites, but you are supposed to be more in the know.  I really feel bad for the Etown sister you just cut down.  This isnt the place.  The place to do it is your paid scouting service to coaches to talk about who is better between them.  I have rarely seen a coacht member talk about comparisons on the personal level, and when it happens, people come out of the woodworks to get it straight on the table this isnt the place.

Yes, we rag on each others teams, but not about individual kids short comings.  We keep it positive about kids.  We know they come on here and read.  Even if we know a kid isn't that good we dont correct others when they brag about their individual kids.

I really think you are trying to do some good things helping kids get to college, and I commend you as a business owner doing what you love, but remember that in the long run, it is about building kids character as they go in to young adulthood.  Most kids (over 95%) wont go on to the next level in basketball. I am by far no believer in "every kid gets a trophy", and hate that mentality, but I am a believer that there is a better place to discuss 14-17 year olds as individuals than a forum that can get pretty rough by fans and parents. 

Edited by WarriorFan

WarriorFan, you're ridiculous lol.... You cry about anything you can cry about. People debate all the time who the better player is on here in different circumstances. I'm sure the Marosites aren't making near the big deal you're making about it. I see nothing wrong with anything Alijah has posted. If you have such an issue with this guy that runs this scouting service, call him up and discuss it with him.

Warriorfan you are a perfect example of what's wrong with high school athletics. Let's make sure everybody feels real special, make sure if you have a brother or sister you are equal so one don't get feelings hurt, give everyone a trophy and pat on the back, when people write their opinions because it's their job or passion put them down if they don't uplift your team or district above all others, claim 7aaa is the greatest district in all sports bla bla bla bla bla. Get a grip. You obviously have time to come up with your own poll and whatever else so do it and get off this guy's case.

GCPioneer...the parents may not care as one kid is recognized for their ability, and I'm sure they were glad she was recognized but a public hs basketball forum is not a place to say a sister is better than the other and the kid in the nomination was a mistake. Not sure where you are coming from.

Work in progress.....where did you come from? I absolutely don't believe in "every kid gets a trophy". I believe in the exact opposite. That is ridiculous. I have kids and as most parents, I don't like comparisons made....especially if I didn't ask someones opinion about my kids. I know my kids shortcomings as most parents. It doesn't need to be put out there on a forum by people I don't know.

Edited by WarriorFan

Just for the record the article on Anastasia (the correct spelling I believe), is on our free site and all of the content in that article is free.  Here's the link to the article which Chronicles 5 prolific scorers in TN/KY who are uncommitted  - again I admitted we probably should have included her the POY poll.  We didn't leave anyone out intentionally....actually we included as many kids as we could come with hence the fact that there is 25+ kids in the poll, when the reality to me is there are probably 2 truly deserving candidates.  And no sense beating a dead horse we will have to agree to disagree on what merits of players can be posted and what can not. s I previously stated they are both very good...no slight there.  

GCPioneer...the parents may not care as one kid is recognized for their ability, and I'm sure they were glad she was recognized but a public hs basketball forum is not a place to say a sister is better than the other and the kid in the nomination was a mistake. Not sure where you are coming from.

If a forum that was designed to talk about girls high school basketball by everyone in the public is not an appropriate place to talk about girls high school basketball players, where is the appropriate place???