Tennessee's next O.C. is right under their nose in Maryville.

BarneySox2007

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carson-Newman will go after G.Q. when Sparks steps down, bank on that. Their small chance of getting him might revolve on how long Gaylor and Ellis plan on staying at Maryville. Ellis has built one Offensive Line after another no matter how many they lose from the past year. Gaylor is just a plain good Defensive Mind. When those two leave it will be very hard to replace them. Sparks went straight from Farragut High to Carson-Newman so no dues to pay for all of those that believe in that nonsense. If I had a dollar for everyone that has said they would never leave a program i would be rich. Not sure what C-N pays a coach but some of the connections I have there seem to think their offer would be hard to turn down for anyone. Only time will tell. The only thing I do know is when Ellis and Gaylor leave their absence will be felt but if they leave the same year Maryville could slip a notch and that has to always be on G.Q.'s mind.