Top team in AA?

BigBama42

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now, i would say the most likely candidate would be CPA. But i fully expect two 8-AA teams to be there, and the two will be much more battle tested than usual. Our district is very VERY balanced this year.

That being said, it's Etowns to lose. You guys know I'm a fan and love watching your team play.

As dominant as 8AA has been, the last team to win state from 8AA was Livingston in the 2003-2004 season. I'm by no means mocking them as they beat my alma mater, McMinn Central, but I wonder why it's been so long since an 8AA team has broken through and won a Gold Ball. It's been over 10 years. As strong as they always are, what has been the deal with none of them being able to break through?

Edited by Cody

As dominant as 8AA has been, the last team to win state from 8AA was Livingston in the 2003-2004 season. I'm by no means mocking them as they beat my alma mater, McMinn Central, but I wonder why it's been so long since an 8AA team has broken through and won a Gold Ball. It's been over 10 years. As strong as they always are, what has been the deal with none of them being able to break through?

The simplest answer is probably the best; they've just run into better teams. I'm pretty sure LA has lost to the team that has gone on to win it all the last three years.

The UC and surrounding is still a hotbed of talent imo but that perfect combination to bring home a championship just hasn't happened in a while.

The simplest answer is probably the best; they've just run into better teams. I'm pretty sure LA has lost to the team that has gone on to win it all the last three years.

The UC and surrounding is still a hotbed of talent imo but that perfect combination to bring home a championship just hasn't happened in a while.

That has been the issue with McMinn Central in the past. So many around here want to complain and say that we should have won more championships, but there was always just a more superior team. It's not easy winning a championship in AA. 

That has been the issue with McMinn Central in the past. So many around here want to complain and say that we should have won more championships, but there was always just a more superior team. It's not easy winning a championship in AA.

That team with Adams, Massengil, and Guardiola that finally broke through was something else though!

Saw them twice that year. Both games against cannon.

• 2 weeks later...

McMinn Central has played against more superior coached teams in the Boro, but there's no question that at least on two other occasions they had the superior team but didn't win.

I will say this. On a given day, any one can be beat with knucklehead officiating gettin involved. Their have been lots of great teams that lost in a fluke game. But Elizabethton is very good team. Westview, IMO if they hadn't lost Reechis, might have given you guys a run for your money. They give you guys a tough test last year and had good enough depth to play you guys a competitive game. CPA is always loaded with talent, but I still think you guys are the team to beat in AA.

Where is Reechis playing? I almost forgot about her. Wasn't she just a junior last year? She is one of the best shooters I have ever seen!