In one word, what makes Maryville so good?

blazer1set

Without reading throuh the post Blazer1,I'll say this.The nearest '' One word '' I can think of is PROGRAM.Maryville has it all.It's a very nice little town as well,  close to the Big Orange country but not in the bigger town.As for the football program that is tops in the state,it takes so much more to go with being a great town and school.A ''system'' that starts with the youth and goes through high school.A coaching staff that is solid from the youth all the way up.Players that take pride and work hard from the time they are small Rebs until they win the state.Parents,fans, and most of the  Maryville community taking pride in their school and sports program to support those players and coaches..

Edited by BatmanDB

Without reading throuh the post Blazer1,I'll say this.The nearest '' One word '' I can think of is PROGRAM.Maryville has it all.It's a very nice little town as well,  close to the Big Orange country but not in the bigger town.As for the football program that is tops in the state,it takes so much more to go with being a great town and school.A ''system'' that starts with the youth and goes through high school.A coaching staff that is solid from the youth all the way up.Players that take pride and work hard from the time they are small Rebs until they win the state.Parents,fans, and most of the  Maryville community taking pride in their school and sports program to support those players and coaches..

Thank you BDB. Very kind words.

Caped Crusaider......Thainks fer tha kind werds......and tha PROGRAM iz purtee accurait.....imo....

Eye beeleeve Cyunts Hill wood say Mairvul iz a littull bettur thain B.A. this paist yeer lookin' att tha scorrs......(45-42....and.....45-0)...... :popcorneater:

Not to mention RW87 feeding our best young prospects double portions when they come through the line.  She knows who the good one's will be.

I don't think mod disqualifies someone from having an opinion. I know you think 2 of the teams there can do no wrong (the other two, who cares) but do you think Maryville would have had as many titles if they were facing MBA, Ensworth, BA regularly in finals? The question asked for a quick answer on why they're so good, and to me so good for them is being the favorite to win the state every year. If they were playing more of the other top teams-the way the smaller schools have to do-they likely still would have won big and represented the east but not won most years.

It really is funny that your post is the only one trying to diminish a team of High School kids Accomplishments . You being a Mod makes it REALLY Pathetic ... along with totally CLASSLESS .... and I'm sure CoachT doesn't want his Mods acting like Trolls . 

Sorry I missed the part about this topic being strictly for patting Maryville on the back. It's okay for you and your crew to mock teams constantly but an opinion that they wouldn't win the state as often (while still probably representing the east) is out of line?

Maryville fans Mocking other teams ?? Wow .... Used to seeing this kind of " Hater Posting " .... just not from a Mod . 

Sorry I missed the part about this topic being strictly for patting Maryville on the back. It's okay for you and your crew to mock teams constantly but an opinion that they wouldn't win the state as often (while still probably representing the east) is out of line?

Mocking teams constantly??

Don't confuse the Mafia with us GOONS!! Nice try, tho. :mrgreen:

I'm just curious where this Constant " Mocking " is that you refer to ??