Job Vacancies

HoopsTN1

It's my opinion nothing more.  I think Higgins will do well at Central and knew he had work to do. They will be better next year.  Sorry if I offended

Not offended, just curious. When people comment on here others take their statements to be gospel till found otherwise. Apologies if I came across otherwise.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha I knew that I just had to throw it off a little.. Coach Green, yes he's going to be a good one some day. Coach Davis, that's my boy but I don't think he'll go back to AE. He's blessed at Vine..his job now is to keep those boys in the AE program and stop letting other schools steal them....... All of this is just wishful thinking, there will not be a change at AE but if one comes I'll take Vine's girls coach, Central Boys coach (should've got the job when Mitchell left), or Carter's coach..

Turtle buddy your kind of hard on Coach Stanton aren't you? AE was very young and he did a good job. People keep bringing up Higgins from Central, but Stanton has won more games at AE in two years (31) then Higgins has in his last three (22). Give the man some slack lol Edited by QSouth89

Turtle buddy your kind of hard on Coach Stanton aren't you? AE was very young and he did a good job. You keep bringing up Higgins from Central it funny but Stanton has won more games at AE in two years (31) then Higgins has in three (22). Give the man some slack lol

The main concern is keeping AE players in the AE program. Staton is an OK coach , I just think AE could've lured someone else to the head coaching spot. Just my opinion and my opinion means nothing. As for as their records, Higgins is rebuilding the Central program so bringing up total wins means nothing... AE used to be a POWERHOUSE but now teams are overlooking them. The person that gets blame for this is........ THE HEAD COACH!! I'm a big fan I go to the games and watch the bench coaching and floor coaching, I'm not to happy at what I see. There's other in house stuff that's TMI for CoachT, I won't mention but now you see why I'm so hard on him..

Really when you coaching at AE, you gonna have a lot people having words to say to you. If you can't take it, you're the wrong person for the job.

I grew up when John Foster was coaching the Roadrunners. They were talented but they were always fundamental and disciplined too. I remember kids going to West, Fulton, Gibbs, etc only because they couldn't get on the court at AE. Don't see that these days. Actually, kids used to really want to play at AE. Really would love to see someone a little more passionate at AE. Someone kids were excited to play for. I think Carter's coach style lends itself to success at AE, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Edited by chill

DH, how do you know about Higgins and Carter's coach? Where do you get your information from? Central has not been very good and Carter was 8-22 two years ago. Curious how you figure

Higgins would not go where he has a chance to win and Carter's coach won down in Georgia. What lured him to Carter? Athletes on an 8-22 team?

Good question bout Boilstone. Why did he leave Ga. Made more money more talent? Already having issues with parents at Carter. Had a run in with a player from another team during Christmas tournament this year.

As far as talent at Carter. Bull developed that talent during that 8-22 season. 3 starters from this season started or played big minutes on that 8-22 team as sophmores. A 4 th starter on Carter's team this year spent 3 years being developed by Coach at Fulton.

If Boilstone stays at Carter he is interested in building a program. But I think after state tournament he will move on.

AE what talent is going elsewhere? Best two players in down only standouts are at Carter. We're they supposed to be a AE. Or is AE looking for a Coach to recruit a team. Let's face it AE isn't what it used to be during the john foster era.

Higgins at Central more familiar with. Strong disciplinarian. Very demanding academically. Talent at central is ok. Will have a solid program over time. Central never had been very good. I look for Higgins to establish himself and move on but I don't think it will be AE.

Let me apologize in advance if I offend anyone.

Good question bout Boilstone. Why did he leave Ga. Made more money more talent? Already having issues with parents at Carter. Had a run in with a player from another team during Christmas tournament this year.

As far as talent at Carter. Bull developed that talent during that 8-22 season. 3 starters from this season started or played big minutes on that 8-22 team as sophmores. A 4 th starter on Carter's team this year spent 3 years being developed by Coach at Fulton.

If Boilstone stays at Carter he is interested in building a program. But I think after state tournament he will move on.

AE what talent is going elsewhere? Best two players in down only standouts are at Carter. We're they supposed to be a AE. Or is AE looking for a Coach to recruit a team. Let's face it AE isn't what it used to be during the john foster era.

Higgins at Central more familiar with. Strong disciplinarian. Very demanding academically. Talent at central is ok. Will have a solid program over time. Central never had been very good. I look for Higgins to establish himself and move on but I don't think it will be AE.

Let me apologize in advance if I offend anyone.

Red...your info is way off about Carter! The only player that got major minutes of this year's starters was the Bowden kid. Jackson did come from Fulton and as for the other starters they all played JV. And dressed out on Buell's 8-22 team. Higgins will get that program turned around at Central. As for speculating what coaches will do or dealing with parents, what coach does'nt deal with this? Edited by uptempo

The main concern is keeping AE players in the AE program. Staton is an OK coach , I just think AE could've lured someone else to the head coaching spot. Just my opinion and my opinion means nothing. As for as their records, Higgins is rebuilding the Central program so bringing up total wins means nothing... AE used to be a POWERHOUSE but now teams are overlooking them. The person that gets blame for this is........ THE HEAD COACH!! I'm a big fan I go to the games and watch the bench coaching and floor coaching, I'm not to happy at what I see. There's other in house stuff that's TMI for CoachT, I won't mention but now you see why I'm so hard on him..

Really when you coaching at AE, you gonna have a lot people having words to say to you. If you can't take it, you're the wrong person for the job.

I seem to remember Central being very good (Catholic played them in the region two straight years when they had 25 wins each year). The same could be said about Central keeping players too. There are kids at other schools zoned for Central. I've seen both and I think Stanton does a better job coaching. But that's my opinion and we all know the saying on that one....