Job Vacancies

HoopsTN1

I thought the assistant coaches at Harriman were involved in AAU.  Why was the Head Coach let go?  Also, do you think Harriman is that great of a job that it would cause a snowball effect? 

Harriman like most East Tennessee jobs is a joke...main reason being they never hire coaches from Middle or West Tennessee.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snow effect would be that a certain E Tn/knox co coach is looking to get out of a difficult situation. This in turn would open up another job. Who knows. Just saying.

I thought the assistant coaches at Harriman were involved in AAU. Why was the Head Coach let go? Also, do you think Harriman is that great of a job that it would cause a snowball effect?

Snow effect would be that a certain E Tn/knox co coach is looking to get out of a difficult situation. This in turn would open up another job. Who knows. Just saying.

I thought the assistant coaches at Harriman were involved in AAU. Why was the Head Coach let go? Also, do you think Harriman is that great of a job that it would cause a snowball effect?

I think that harriman is a place that you can win at in single A.  They consistently have the best athletes in the county, and have young talent there.  In the past years their teams have seemed to be undisciplined and sloppy, but I think a coach that can develop talent and get some discipline on that team could really win there IMO. The article in the paper said that the coach had already handed in his resignation last week before this story broke anyways.  They have underperformed there in consecutive years under this staff.

Harriman like most East Tennessee jobs is a joke...main reason being they never hire coaches from Middle or West Tennessee.

Then that will always be an issue.  There are a lot of coaches In West Tennessee that are not certified teachers.  And East Tennessee does not come close to the pay scales of Middle Tennessee schools sysytems.  There are good coaches in East Tennessee the talent is not good as West or Middle.  Too much emphasis on football.

Edited by QSouth89

I think that harriman is a place that you can win at in single A.  They consistently have the best athletes in the county, and have young talent there.  In the past years their teams have seemed to be undisciplined and sloppy, but I think a coach that can develop talent and get some discipline on that team could really win there IMO. The article in the paper said that the coach had already handed in his resignation last week before this story broke anyways.  They have underperformed there in consecutive years under this staff.

they have a ton of talent but there is no discipline on the team usually they would never fix anything until there was no other choice and the damage has been done i guess it came back to bite them after the aau scandal

What does this mean. Also up at PF A good fit would be Scott Co. Head Coach. Really good coach. Harriman will be a tough job for anyone next year. Any News on McMinn Co. I hear that Coach Mike Poe from TWC maybe the man!

Stixx applies for every job, right? That is what that means. I agree with you about Jared at Scott, good coach.

I think Drew Franklin would be a GREAT candidate for Harriman or Pigeon Forge.  Great basketball mind and he coaches football.

Might have a better shot at Harriman unless they want someone with Head Coaching experience. PF has had some good people already interview that even have college coaching experience.

Rumor has it that he is waiting on Hutchens to retire. LOL

Edited by IrishBBall