Job Vacancies

HoopsTN1

Agree. The two big West Knoxville schools(Farragut and Hardin Valley) have grossly underachieved. To many boys in the building not to build a competitive program. Here is the question. Name me three up and coming young coaches that have build a solid competitive team where they are now. Without good candidates can't make coaching changes.

Good question. Young-ish coaches... Shane Wells and Ricky Norris, don't know if either would be interested? Jeff County has a good young coach but don't know why he'd want to leave for Farragut?

Wallace at AC hasn't won a lot lately but he's a good coach... First three that come to mind.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. The two big West Knoxville schools(Farragut and Hardin Valley) have grossly underachieved. To many boys in the building not to build a competitive program. Here is the question. Name me three up and coming young coaches that have build a solid competitive team where they are now. Without good candidates can't make coaching changes.

I disagree just because you have big numbers at your school means everyone plays hoops. It goes in cycles. With Karns having recent success in hoops and HVA being open (and with more talented players) Farragut has suffered. Kids at Faragut also play so many sports hard to specialize. Edited by QSouth89

Neutral observer on this message board, BUT have heard ad nauseam about Carter and "The System" and will say it is all fine and dandy with athletes. Without athletes... "The System" is garbage. No defense = no championships...TRUE:) Yeah, you win a bunch of regular season games that really have no meaning in basketball, BUT lose vs. teams that D your butt up and slow you down..tourney ball. That is what smart coaches with average to decent talent will do vs. "The Sytem." Also, it is obvious that the guy moves around...wouldn't hire him IF you're looking for a long term solution. Just my humble opinion...what do I know:)?

Neutral observers don't come across sounding so personal, IF your neutral! What does it matter about styles or coaches moving to different schools. It's rare any coach stays put at one place their whole career anyways. If a coach has an opportunity to better himself and family more power to them. Before this guy carter was 8-22, now they are winning. You speak like you are a coach and have the solution on how to stop him and yet for 2 years carter is winning. Any principal looking to improve their athletic programs are looking for coaches with proven track records who can make a difference sooner than later. We as fans all want winners but we want it now, "not long term solution". Farragut would be that kind of situation where they are used to winning programs in the past across their athletics. Let's keep this post about potential vacancies and not "speculate" about a coach's style or job history. Just my "humble opinion" !

I disagree just because you have big numbers at your school means everyone plays hoops. It goes in cycles. With Karns having recent success in hoops and HVA being open (and with more talented players) Farragut has suffered. Kids at Faragut also play so many sports hard to specialize.

I wouldn't say Farragut has kids playing multiple sports any more than most schools. I know baseball players were pretty much banned from playing basketball and you don't see a ton of footballers making a difference on the hardwood. I think the success at Catholic, Webb, and CAK probably have more of an impact on Farragut's success. I think those three schools have much better coaches in place than either Farragut or HVA. I don't think Farragut has made a state tourney appearance since the early 80s while Catholic has been 3 times and Webb numerous times.

As far as young-ish coaches, I think both Shane Wells and Ricky Norris have great situations at their respective schools. They certainly have the added advantage of a middle school on the same campus. Anderson County pays much better than Knox County. I don't see that any of these three coaches would have an interest in either Farragut or HVA.

Edited by IrishBBall

No doubt HVA has underachieved with the athletes they have, and I'm really surprised Farragut wasn't better than they were. I'll be surprised if one of those schools doesn't make a change.

As for the whole Alcoa thing, they have definitely underachieved this year, and with their history and tradition, I would expect them to make a change at this point.

I wouldn't say Farragut has kids playing multiple sports any more than most schools. I know baseball players were pretty much banned from playing basketball and you don't see a ton of footballers making a difference on the hardwood. I think the success at Catholic, Webb, and CAK probably have more of an impact on Farragut's success. I think those three schools have much better coaches in place than either Farragut or HVA. I don't think Farragut has made a state tourney appearance since the early 80s while Catholic has been 3 times and Webb numerous times.

As far as young-ish coaches, I think both Shane Wells and Ricky Norris have great situations at their respective schools. They certainly have the added advantage of a middle school on the same campus. Anderson County pays much better than Knox County. I don't see that any of these three coaches would have an interest in either Farragut or HVA.

I loved Ricky when he was @ OR. He had some really good teams in his time here. Don't see him leaving Webb. I can remember Farragut having some real tough teams in the 80's. OR/Farragut used to have some battles on the hardwood.

Halls: Has done a great job at Halls with little talent. Son graduates may be on the lookout for a more basketball friendly situation.

CAMPBELL Co. Underachieved last couple of years. Randy Moore has that talent and makes a run this year.

Alcoa this is a 50-50. Talent is young but standards are high at Alcoa. Look for Alcoa to be improved next year. Will it be enough to satisfy the Alcoa faithful.

West its looking now like Coach will hang on for did a nice job with young team. Has good talent returning.

Central Coach will be sought after by area teams that are looking for Coach. Simply due to his background.

Carter has done what is expected with a very talented if not the most talent in the history of carter basketball. Has had several run ins with parents, players from other teams, and coaches. Not sure any coach wants to contend with those issues. Add that to the fact Carter's talent will be at an all time low after this year. Not sure if Jv or freshman teams won a game.

Wow, why all the hate on Carter's coach? In my opinion, he will be at Carter for a very long time . I say AE will be looking for a new coach (not gonna happen just wishful thinking.) but my Roadrunners been down for a few years and with the young talent that's there, I say we need a YOUNG but up and coming coach.