Team Title

westernwrestler

Who wins it? AAA? D2? A-AA? I know majority think its Cleveland, Baylor, and Pigeon Forge, but i would like to here if anybody thinks otherwise since a traditional style could be a little different than dual.

I'm not as familiar with D2 as I once was so I couldn't gather a guess. Haven't seen as much from middle as I use to and don't go to many matches as I once did so I'm speculating mostly from what I've read in papers. Baylor and McCallie and Father Ryan for awhile never shows their full hand til the states it appears. I'm guessing it will be Baylor to lose off of bonus points. Now I'm almost certain Pigeon Forge is the class in AA. From tourney results they usually place a lot of kids so I say they win it with numbers. Cleveland suprised me in the region they have more quality wrestlers than I thought and have 2 big point scorers and several who will win . Not real familiar with Wilson Central but they look to be more solid top to bottom this year than ever. This brings me to the Bears. They have a murderers row in the lower weights who win by pins. 126 bracket slow them down this tourney I think and I think 106 won't give up as many bonus points as they are use to not cause Hicks isn't good I think he wins it I think other will just keep the scoring down. I think Cleveland wins it if Kennedy can keep beating people by pins and majors with Gaither slowing down other teams scoring. This year more than the last few I think other teams will keep the bonus points down for some of the expectations. And I think that helps Cleveland more than Bradley. As alway Consolation is where it will be won. Bradley pins in consolation rounds they win if they don't Cleveland wins. Good luck to all.

right now:

1.  Bradley Central  72.0 2.  Cleveland  63.5 3.  Wilson Central  54.5 4.  Knoxville Halls  52.0 5.  Soddy Daisy  50.0 6.  Beech  46.5 7.  Summit  42.0 8.  Ravenwood  41.5 9.  Tennessee  40.0 10.  Jefferson Co.  39.0 11.  Heritage  38.0 12.  Walker Valley  37.0 13.  Arlington  36.5 13.  Tullahoma  36.5 15.  Cookeville  35.0 15.  Dobyns Bennett  35.0 17.  Centennial  32.0 18.  Maryville  31.0 18.  Science Hill  31.0 20.  Rossview  30.5

Anotherback is on to something here. The consoles are key!

Fantastic First Day!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Folks,

It was great to see Blackman Wrestling Family there with big smiles, the boys winning (with a few unfortunately not there), and even those most affected by the Blackman loss of Daniel Winters (His own family). The outpouring of love and support was and is amazing...

Several wrestlers from teams in region five came with orange hair (Tullahoma was most spectacular, right you their with the Blaze boys).

Many near by seemed to be even more fired up and competitive than expected! Former feeder teammates of Winters, Gabe Rogers (106) & workout partner, Dylan Coggins (113) are certainly two loyal & concerned wrestlers up the road at Stewarts Creek now in the quarters.

...Of course, Bam Bam Fierbacher, Tyler Garrison, Shawney Kennedy, and Nick Boykin showed up with a mission and clearly dedicating their all to win and help memorialize this tragedy.

The opening memorial and moment of silence was moving.

Thanks to all who have reached out in so many ways! It was most inspirational to see that the entire UTC Mocs team was kneeling in a group prayer for the Winters' family... Class acts!

• Upvote 1

Anotherback is on to something here. The consoles are key!

Fantastic First Day!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Folks,

It was great to see Blackman Wrestling Family there with big smiles, the boys winning (with a few unfortunately not there), and even those most affected by the Blackman loss of Daniel Winters (His own family). The outpouring of love and support was and is amazing...

Several wrestlers from teams in region five came with orange hair (Tullahoma was most spectacular, right you their with the Blaze boys).

Many near by seemed to be even more fired up and competitive than expected! Former feeder teammates of Winters, Gabe Rogers (106) & workout partner, Dylan Coggins (113) are certainly two loyal & concerned wrestlers up the road at Stewarts Creek now in the quarters.

...Of course, Bam Bam Fierbacher, Tyler Garrison, Shawney Kennedy, and Nick Boykin showed up with a mission and clearly dedicating their all to win and help memorialize this tragedy.

The opening memorial and moment of silence was moving.

Thanks to all who have reached out in so many ways! It was most inspirational to see that the entire UTC Mocs team was kneeling in a group prayer for the Winters' family... Class acts!

For the first time since it left Chattanooga I'm sorry I'm not there. Next year I will be. Even there.

For the first time since it left Chattanooga I'm sorry I'm not there. Next year I will be. Even there.

For the first time in a long time I feel like its not the same 6 or 7 teams wrestling over and over again. Its a ton of different teams from across the state. Region 1 sent some good kids this way too. Its refreshing, lets you know TN wrestling is on the rise.

Team Scores

DII

1. Baylor 74.5

2. Father Ryan 71.0

3. McCallie 65.0

4. Montgomery Bell Academy 45.0

5. Christian Brothers 31.0

6. Brentwood Academy 25.0

7. Battle Ground Academy 15.0

8. Briarcrest 10.0

9. Memphis Univ. School 7.0

9. St. Andrew`s 7.0