GREENBACK FOOTBALL

cherokean

I know this isn't about GB but it's on the topic you all are talking about. A 1A kid from the east with 60 rec 1,021 yds 15 tds, 25 rushes 336 yds 2 tds, 16 KR 496 yds 2 tds, 8 PR 275 yds 2 tds, 2400 all purpose yds,23 total tds, 103 tackles, 17 tackle for loss, 2 sacks, 7 INT with 2 returned for TD in 11 games didn't make All-State.

I agree that he should have made it. He is very deserving. It hurt is chances that our coach moved us to region 1 and he lost some exposure do to it. If we would have stayed where we were our season would have been rough and the kids numbers maybe not as good, but I think he would have made it. He is a good athlete. Running from competition hurts us in more than one way this year. Congrats to all the Kees on a great year.

Edited by SweetEmotion

If you read my earlier post that exactly what I said.The West was far superior in talent across the board.I just made a comment I figured at least one more would have made it,but with the West having as many really good teams and us getting 3 spots is pretty good.Also the All State team doesn't take into consideration making the finals.It is a season award if I'm not mistaken.

Oh I know it was meant to question some others. The Mr. Football Awards are regular season only, but all state is the entire season.

I agree that he should have made it. He is very deserving. It hurt is chances that our coach moved us to region 1 and he lost some exposure do to it. If we would have stayed where we were our season would have been rough and the kids numbers maybe not as good, but I think he would have made it. He is a good athlete. Running from competition hurts us in more than one way this year. Congrats to all the Kees on a great year.

Coaches can move teams to other regions?

200 of those yards came against CF when CF was completely healthy. That showed that his numbers are not solely based on weak competition.

200 of those yards came against CF when CF was completely healthy. That showed that his numbers are not solely based on weak competition.

Coalfield was really young at that point in the season and not very good at all. So that is not a real good argument even thought it as a goof night for him. The truth is that we don't get a lot of respect because of who we have been in the past and who we play currently. I don't. Think we played a team with a winning record after the first three games this year. The rest of the schedule was a JV schedule. That's what voters look at also when they vote. The qb and rb from cloudland were as good and they didn't make it either. Their schedule not very rough other than a couple of games. The good thing is that he has one year left and his name is out there already.

Coalfield was really young at that point in the season and not very good at all. So that is not a real good argument even thought it as a goof night for him. The truth is that we don't get a lot of respect because of who we have been in the past and who we play currently. I don't. Think we played a team with a winning record after the first three games this year. The rest of the schedule was a JV schedule. That's what voters look at also when they vote. The qb and rb from cloudland were as good and they didn't make it either. Their schedule not very rough other than a couple of games. The good thing is that he has one year left and his name is out there already.

I agree with 99% of our post but CF tried to cover him with Ervin, Clore and McKinney and it didn't work well for them.

I agree with 99% of our post but CF tried to cover him with Ervin, Clore and McKinney and it didn't work well for them.

You just supported my earlier post. Coalfield was not playing very good in the secondary early in the year. They were very inconsistent. You seem to have beef with coalfield. I thought that was who you supported. How did you know all of his season stats? They have to been in the papers yet? I was wondering the totals myself.